- Across the River and into the Ritz. Mariani, John // Esquire;Jul99, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p42
Features the different places where Ernest Hemingway used to go. Information on his eating habits; Background on his life; Details on his travel in Paris.
- The Hemingway Triangle. SEIDMAN, DAVID // Boating;Apr99, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p40
Traces Ernest Hemingway's voyage in Key West, Florida in the 1930s. House built by Hemingway on Whitehead Street; Relationship between Hemingway and Joe Russel; Amenities that can be found in the area.
- Jane Austen at Home. Huntley, Dana // British Heritage;Mar2009, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p24
A personal narrative is presented which explores the authors experience of visiting Jane Austen's home in Winchester, England.
- AN INVITATION. Lubbock, Percy // Book of English Prose;1/ 1/1913, p55
The article focuses on the invitation of the Knightley couple to Mrs. Elton to visit their house, which is taken from the novel "Emma," by Jane Austen. Mrs. Elton laments that her planned travel will not be pushed through because the carriage-horse she owned will not be able to continue her...
- A Jane Austen Moment. // People;6/28/2004, Vol. 61 Issue 25, p48
This is an article that speculates on the sudden increased interest in Jane Austen's novels and characters. With a slew of Austen-inspired novels including Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife and Vanity and Vexation just out and another film version of Pride and Prejudice (starring Keira Knightley) in...
- Jane Austen and the common reader: `Opinions of Mansfield Park,' `Opinions of Emma,' and the... Brodie, Laura Fairchild // Texas Studies in Literature & Language;Spring95, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p54
Studies the relationship between author and reader nurtured in the works of Jane Austen. Importance of Austen's `Opinions of Mansfield Park' and `Opinions of Emma' manuscripts; Austen's use of punctuations; Austen's portrayal of reviewers.
- Jane Austen Made Sense. SCOTT S. SMITH // Investors Business Daily;4/29/2014, pA03
Jane Austen's fame was a long time coming.
- JANE AUSTEN. Mulcahy, Kevin P. // Research Guide to Biography & Criticism;1985, Vol. 1, p41
This article provides information on author Jane Austen which may be invaluable to research, including the author's chronology, selected bibliography, and selected criticism. Born December 16, 1775, Steventon, England to parents of the minor gentry; 1790 by this time has completed most of the...
- "The Talk in Jane Austen.". Copeland, Edward // Eighteenth Century Fiction;Oct1999, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p125
This article focuses on the conference "The Talk in Jane Austen," of the Jane Austen Society of North America held in Jasper, Alberta on May 14-16, 1999. The conference organized by co-convenors Juliet McMaster and Bruce Stovel, of the University of Alberta, and Lynn Weinlos Gregg of the...