- Pic biz thinks big and sinks big. Guider, Elizabeth // Variety;5/3/2004, Vol. 394 Issue 12, p6
Discusses the risks that U.S. film studios faced in producing big-budgeted films. Advantage of making low-budgeted films; Mantra of Peter Chernin, chief operating officer of News Corp.; Pitfall of being risk averse.
- The Incredibly Wide World Of Rupert Murdoch's Top Gun. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;10/6/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 40, p17
Interviews News Corp. president and COO Peter Chernin regarding the role of the company in the evolving media industry. Advantage of owning DirecTV for News Corp.; Information on how synergy operates within News Corp.; Expectations for Fox in 2003; Reason for Fox's decision not to go to a...
- Chernin Could Leave for 'Public' Gig. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p14
Reports on the possibility for News Corp. president and COO Peter Chernin to leave the company and head up The Walt Disney Co. Information on a securities filing on November 24, 2004, outlining the employment agreement of Chernin; Obligation of News Corp. if Chernin leaves for any reason and...
- Spin-Offs of Fox News to Come? Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/6/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 40, p19
Reports on the consideration being given by News Corp. president and COO Peter Chernin in the spin-off of Fox News Channel. Reason that Chernin is considering spin-offs.
- Peter Chernin. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/7/2003, Vol. 380 Issue 37, pS4
As president and chief operating officer of News Corp. and chairman and CEO of the Fox Group, Peter Chernin has been a very vocal nemesis of digital pirates whose activities, he warns, pose a massive threat to the TV and film business. The Fox executive recently spoke with The Hollywood...
- Exec search stalls Murdoch son's rise. Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;10/6/2003, Vol. 392 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the issue at News Corp. on whether to install James Murdoch as president of BSkyB. Resignation of BSkyB President Tony Ball; Qualifications of Murdoch to succeed Ball; Remarks from News CEO Peter Chernin on the issue.
- Chernin: DVD Won't 'Fall Off Cliff,' Bullish on Blu. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;2/10/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that News Corp. president and chief operating officer Peter Chernin said that he remains optimistic on the filmed-entertainment industry's future despite a slight decrease in DVD sales. He said that the filmed entertainment's $470 million revenue in 2007 should alleviate...
- Fox turnin' to Chernin, Carey. Brodie, John; Levin, Gary // Variety;11/04/96, Vol. 364 Issue 14, p28
Reports on Peter Chernin's appointment as president and chief operating officer of News Corp.
- News' Chernin Keynotes CEA Dinner At CES. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/16/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the keynote speech delivered by Peter Chernin, president and chief operating officer of News Corp. at the annual Leaders in Technology Dinner of the Consumer Electronic Association on January 6, 2006 at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. Chernin has announced that...