- More Pay and Benefits Cuts; Increased Communication, Too. Miller, Stephen // HRMagazine;Feb2009, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p16
The article focuses on Watson Wyatt's survey, titled "Effect of Economic Crisis on HR Programs, Update: December 2008." According to the survey, the number of U.S. companies implementing cost-cutting measures, including salary freezes and smaller pay raises, rose sharply from October to December...
- Pay raises: the ultimate way to reward winners. // Managing People at Work;Jan2011, Issue 346, p5
The article suggests ways to motivate employees when it comes to salary issue such as taking a review of their salary data and exploring methods to tie pay increases more closely to superior performance.
- Mindtree Chairman and Wife Donate $1M to U. of Florida. // India -- West;9/26/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 45, pA2
No abstract available.
- thinking OUTSIDE the square managing employment costs during the recession. McBride, Kevin // Human Resources Magazine;Feb/Mar2009, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p8
The article discusses the author's views regarding managing employment costs during recession. It explores the risks of the use of strategies adopted by businesses, such as reducing salary increases and reducing staffing levels. The author presents his recommendations for containing employment...
- Around the world in 80 seconds. // Human Resources (09648380);Oct2008, p8
The article offers world news briefs related to human resources (HR) and employment. All staff involved in the bubble bath of a Burger King employee in Ohio in the workplace sink were terminated after the management saw its video. Antipodean lawyers working in Great Britain are returning in...
- recession, engagement and talent. Winsborough, David // Human Resources Magazine;Dec2009/Jan2010, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p10
The article discusses the effects of recession on employee engagement. Particular focus is given to the attitude of employees during an economic crisis, particularly morale and engagement at work. According to consulting firm Watson Wyatt, engagement fell nine percent in 2007-2008. The...
- Raises finally pulling out of recession nosedive. // HR Specialist;Sep2014, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the increase in salaries of employees by the U.S. employers and also presents statistics related to average pay raise for exempt salaried worker.
- Sustained Effort. Kyte, Alistair // Foodservice & Hospitality;May2010, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p32
An interview with chief operating officer Gerry Docherty of Good Earth Coffeehouse & Bakery is presented. When asked on the critical qualities a leader must have in the business, he refers to a great deal of passion. Docherty points out that listening and trusting their employees are also...
- CONSTRUCTION WATCH. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Jul2003, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p22
Reports developments on issues related to the construction industry in the U.S. as of July 2003. Indication of economic slowdown in the specialty contracting industry; Increase in the service and renovation segments; Percentage of the average salary increase for all contractors.