Tenders with a Twist
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Feb2006, Vol. 159 Issue 2, p124
The article features the fire trucks used by the several fire departments in the U.S. The Alachua County Fire Rescue Department designed its E-One rescue truck for urban search and rescue. The Northwest Fire District uses the Crash Rescue Equipment Service unit to provide initial fire...
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Dec2007, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p90
The article offers news briefs related to fire departments in the U.S. The Edmon Fire and Rescue in Oklahoma took delivery of a 75-foot heavy-duty Pierce Velocity ladder. The Sable Altura Fire Department in Colorado has taken delivery of a 20-foot custom heavy rescue from SVI Trucks Inc. The...
- SMART SPECS. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Dec2005, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p70
The article describes the compact pumpers acquired by the West Point Volunteer Fire Department in Ohio, by the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection and by Orange County, California. Orange County purchased eight compact KME pumpers that can handle structure fires, motor vehicle...
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Oct2003, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p90
Features various models of fire engines purchased by different fire departments across the U.S. as of October 2003. Specifications and capabilities of the models; Fire departments making the acquisition.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p226
The article evaluates several fire trucks designed and used by several fire departments in the U.S. The Merseilles Fire Department designs its Alexis pumper. Saint Lawrence Fire Department uses its Rosenbauer rescue truck. Northfolk Fire Department designs its E-one pumper.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Sep2008, Vol. 161 Issue 9, p128
The article provides information on several fire fighting equipment used at various fire departments in the U.S. They include the Smeal pumper truck of the Plainview Rural Fire Protection District in Nebraska, the Pierce rescue pumper of the Junction City Fire Department in Kansas and the E-One...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Mar2009, Vol. 162 Issue 3, p153
The article provides information on several fire fighting equipment used at various fire departments in the U.S. They include the Ferrara quint of the Bayou Cane Fire Protection District in Houma, Louisiana, the Danko quick-unit of the Johnson County Fire Control District in Buffalo, Wyoming and...
- A Dedication of Twins. Hewitt, Joel // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p59
The article reports on the fire trucks received by the Moorhead Fire Department in Minnesota. The department's staff scheduled an event to give rides on the new trucks to all people who will attend to their dedication. Fire chief Joel Hewitt expresses his appreciation to the city council and...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p140
Features fire trucks of various fire departments in the United States. Frankfort Fire/EMS' Danko vehicle; SUTPHEN pumper from Springfield Fire Co.; Mead Fire Rescue Department's SMEAL rescue pumper; Crooked River Ranch Rural Fire Protection District's Red Diamond tanker.