ELECTRICITY ON THE GO
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Mar1999, Vol. 152 Issue 3, p214
Presents information on the firefighting apparatus used by several fire departments in the United States. Includes the Jordan Fire Department in Quay County, New Mexico; Paris, Texas Fire Department's design of its SVI Trucks Inc. unit as a medium-duty rescue truck; Willard, Ohio Fire...
- Using air tools as rescue tools. Petrucelli, Victor // Fire Engineering;Jun99, Vol. 152 Issue 6, p16
Discusses incidents where the Jersey City Fire Department has used air tools in New Jersey. Passenger removal at a minor motor vehicle accident; Hand entrapment at an industrial park.
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Dec99, Vol. 152 Issue 12, p100
Features fire fighting equipment used by fire departments in the United States. Use of Smeal as a pumper and a tanker in Liberty Township Volunteer Fire Department in Ohio; Ability of the Emergency One platform quint unit to provide overhead cooling streams for process unit fires; Usability of...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 154 Issue 2, p176
Presents updates on the additions to the firefighting equipment of fire departments in the United States. Chinchilla House Co.'s Saulsbury rescue pumpers; Columbus, Ohio, Public Safety Department's Fire Division's Sutphen pumpers; Nickerson Rural Fire District's Danko tankers.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Sep2001, Vol. 154 Issue 9, p91
Presents deliveries of apparatuses for firefighting to fire departments. Use of a rescue truck for water and boat service in the lake and stream areas; Role of an intervention vehicle to handle driving on rough terrain; Employment of an aerial ladder truck.
- QUINT APPARATUS. // Fire Engineering;Mar2003, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p30
Presents answers to the query regarding the functions of quint apparatus for urban fire departments. Factors that should be considered in choosing between quints and trucks; Features of quints; Reasons behind some departments' refusal to use quints.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Nov2003, Vol. 156 Issue 11, p120
Introduces the fire trucks of the fire department in the U.S. Product features; Engine specification; Increase of pumping capability.
- Holyrood gives fire service Â£5m to fight major emergencies. Meilton, David // Public Finance;3/1/2002, p16
Reports the increased budget for fire services in Scotland. Reason for the increased funding; Breakdown of the budget; Details on the firefighting equipment.
- Fire boxes saved lives when 911 calls failed. // New York Amsterdam News;1/28/95, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the collapse of the 911 telephone link to the fire department's Bronx communication center and the decision by the Fire Commissioner to shut off fire and public safety street boxes in New York City. Response of the president of the Fire Alarm Dispatcher's Benevolent Association.