- RESEARCH FOUNDATION STUDIES RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICAL SAFETY. // Electrical Wholesaling;Jun2008, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p19
The article reports on the study conducted by the Research Foundation regarding residential electrical safety in Quincy, Massachusetts. It has carried a thorough inspection of electrical systems and equipment in several older homes across the U.S. According to Jack Wells, chair of the...
- Another Fire-Safety Tip From Clifford. // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Oct2005, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p4
Presents a tip for fire safety.
- Shelter of Last Resort. Peuch, Eric // Wildfire;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p30
The article offers information on the forest-fire engines (FFE) in Australia. As stated, the forest-fire engines (FFE) are used to set up defensive operations for an on-coming fire and to formulate protection drills around threatened homes in the interface. In addition, FFE must also meet...
- Has a safety culture been established? HENDERSON, ERIKA // Industrial Fire World;Spring2013, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p24
The article discusses the need to create a safety culture that includes a fire protection plan and training in order to save lives. Emphasis is given on the need to install water tank, fire protection system, tank towers and to have personnel prepared to perform work on the tank. It highlights...
- SAFEHOME UPGRADED. // Injury Prevention (1353-8047);Dec2005, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p330
The article reports on the launch of the upgraded home safety program called Safehome, the free service that has been boosted to provide important fire and household safety information by the Queensland Fire and Rescue Service.
- THAT DEMON ALCOHOL. Hayes, Greg // Fire Chief;Sep2008, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p46
The article discusses the importance of a well-prepared ethanol hazard prevention planning in the U.S. According to the author, the increasing trend of ethanol production facilities provides a serious threat among firefighters because of its flammability and easy ignition. In addition, the...
- Life Safety Initiative Still Vital Despite Budget Cuts. KIURSKI, TOM // Fire Engineering;Jan2011, Vol. 164 Issue 1, p106
The article discusses the Firefighter Life Safety Initiative which deals with need to allot budget for fire prevention and fire safety education programs. It is explained that teaching citizens the proper way to act in cases of fire emergencies is important to keep the public safe from fire...
- OSHA Offers New Fire Service Publication. // Professional Safety;Oct2006, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p16
The article reports on the development of a new publication entitled "Fire Service Features of Buildings and Fire Protection System by Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Ways to increase the safety of building occupants and emergency responders by streamlining fire service...
- Fire Safety Rules Every Family Must Know. // Working Mother;Feb2005, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p71
Provides tips for fire safety in households. Examination of smoke detectors and fire extinguishers; Practice of escape plan; Creation of two routes of each room.