Become a Thousand Points of (Red) Light
- Maple Grove Uses FEMA Grant to Train and Certify Fire Apparatus Operators. Schliek, David // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p16
The article talks about a Fire Apparatus Operation (FAO) test conducted by the Maple Grove Fire Department in Minnesota and a U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency ( FEMA) grant received by the department with the goal of training firefighters in driving and operations of fire apparatus. The...
- The Alarm Rings! // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Oct2001, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p1
Presents information on the areas inside firehouses.
- Sandy Fire Dept. seeks to build new station. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/11/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p21
Highlights the plan of the Sandy City Fire Department in Utah to construct another fire station.
- FDNY Offers Trauma Support to Colo. Firefighters. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/25/2012, p1
The article focuses on the visit of a three-member peer support crew of the Fire Department of New York (FDNY) to Aurora, Colorado firehouses to share lessons learned from the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks (9/11) and ensure that first responders would take care of their own and not be...
- Murray reunion, bbq set for this weekend. // Graham Leader;6/23/2013, Vol. 137 Issue 89, p1A
The article offers information on the Murray Volunteer Fire Department barbecue to be held on June 22, 2013 at the Murray Fire Station.
- 3 FIREHOUSES TO BE CLOSED FOR EFFICIENCY. // New Yorker;12/23/1972, Vol. 48 Issue 44, p56
An excerpt from a headline regarding the closure of firehouses published in "The News" newspaper in 1972 is presented.
- Saving the north side: Opelika, Ala., welcomes new fire station. // American City & County Exclusive Insight;3/24/2014, p3
The article discusses the addition of a fire station in the north side of Opelika, Alabama in January 2013 and the achievements made on its first year of operation. Topics presented are the choice of location and design of the fire station to match the surrounding community that consists the...
- COFFEE TALK: COMPANY-LEVEL DRILLS. Bittenbender, Carl // Fire Engineering;Jul2005, Vol. 158 Issue 7, p77
Presents a picture essay about the company-level drills conducted by every fire department. Things to do in an apartment or building with an underground standpipe system running into the courtyard; Challenges to be faced in a two-story attached single-family homes with limited access; Initial...
- National property database will help cut fire service response times. Thomson, Rebecca // Computer Weekly;4/15/2008, p40
The article reports that Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Department in England has implemented a national property database to provide more accurate address information. The database has been set up by the fire service to help pinpoint the location of fires and other emergency calls more quickly and...