FEMA Previews TOPOFF 4 Observations
- Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comment Reques. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;Oct2013, Vol. 78 Issue 190, p60301
The article presents a notice issued by the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) seeking comments concerning the data collection activity required to prepare the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) After Action Report (AAR) Improvement Plan (IP) to be submitted...
- "Some Real Homeland Security". Brockmeier, Bill // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;May2006, Vol. 132 Issue 5, p6
This article focuses on the views of the author after the September 9/11 terrorist attack in 2001. The author feels that they are not safer since 9/11 and that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security is not doing its job. Moving the U.S. Coast Guard under the purview of the U.S. Federal...
- Board of Visitors for the National Fire Academy. Kiefer, Kirby E. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;11/20/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 224, p69648
The article offers information on a teleconference of the Board of Visitors for the National Fire Academy to be held on December 5, 2012 organized by the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Flood plain map meeting set. WALKER, JAMES // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);3/27/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 13, p1A
The article offers information on a meeting between the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and individual property owners with city officials in Burnet, Texas which will be held on April 8, 2013.
- FEMA, Homeland Security leaders address National Safety Congress. // Plant Engineering;Oct2007, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p31
The article offers information on the Federal Emergency Management Agency conference to be held in Chicago, Illinois on October 15 to 17, 2007.
- Mike Byrne. MCKAY, JIM // Government Technology;Mar2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p23
The article focuses on Mike Byrne, National Incident Management Assistance team leader of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), who helped develop Homeland Security Presidential Directive 5 that established the national comprehensive incident management system.
- Hampshire, Morgan Counties to Receive Homeland Security Award. PISCIOTTA, MARLA // State Journal (WV);12/20/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p13
The article reports that Hampshire County, West Virginia will receive the West Virginia Homeland Security award through the community ratio system of the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to reduce costs on flood insurance premium.
- CHAPTER 1: A STRATEGIC PERSPECTIVE ON U.S. HOMELAND DEFENSE: PROBLEM AND RESPONSE. Hamre, John J. // . . . to insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common def;9/1/2000, p11
Chapter 1 of the book "â€¦ to insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defenceâ€¦" is presented. It presents the author's opinion on the homeland security concerns of the United States. The federal response plan to emergencies at the local level is based on the Federal...
- Real Fixer-Upper. Morris, Gary // Fire Chief;Dec2005, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p36
The article presents disaster response recommendations to the United States administration and Congress. Congress should separate the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). The FEMA should be returned to a Cabinet-level position, acquiring...