Essex Furniture finally moves into mail order sector with The Sofa Club
- At the right price? Danby, Sandra // Cabinet Maker;09/18/98, Issue 5106, p1
Opinion. Speculates on Essex Furniture's future after the furniture company showed problems in its stocks and profits. Attractiveness of the company to retailers; Key elements of any decisions by the company.
- Who would want to buy Essex? Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;09/18/98, Issue 5106, p7
Focuses on the collapse in the stock market value of British furniture retailer Essex Furniture. Possibility of an Essex acquisition; Effects of the fall in share prices to other retailers; Concentration of Essex's furniture stores; Hurdles facing potential buyers of the company.
- Essex plunges ...3.7m into the red. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;09/04/98, Issue 5104, p2
Cites the loss posted by British furniture chain Essex Furniture for the first half of 1998. Impact of increased advertising and other selling costs; Decline of Essex's stock market capitalization; Cost cutting measures.
- Essex buyer to start new company. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;11/13/98, Issue 5114, p2
Reports on former LPK Director Kevin France's acquisition of Essex Furniture's stock, machinery and order book in England. Company to be launched by France in the industry; Support to France's venture.
- Administrators Set to Close 19 of 34 Stores in Bid to Save Essex Furniture. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/23/98, Issue 5111, p2
Reports on Essex Furniture's closure of its retail stores in South East, England. Other branches of the company; Total number of employees affected by the closure; Appointment of Arthur Andersen as Essex's administrator.
- Essex Furniture closed as Landmark buys 12 stores. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/06/98, Issue 5113, p2
Reports on Landmark's purchase 12 stores operated by Essex Furniture in Great Britain. Closing of Essex's other 22 stores; Locations of the stores purchased by Landmark; Conversion plan for the stores.
- Administrators set to close 19 of 34 stores in bid to save Essex Furniture. // Cabinet Maker;7/20/2007, Issue 5547, p42
The article reports on the plan to close the 19 stores of Essex Furniture in South East England. Out of 34 stores, 19 will be closed as part of a cost cutting measure by administrators Alan Lewis and Ian Best. There will be 112 staffs to lose their jobs. It has been believed that the reasons for...
- Lippett hits back at profits claim as Essex faces court. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/21/97, Issue 5065, p2
Focuses on the criticism made by Tony Lippett, former executive at Essex Furniture, on claims that the company's low profits were due to the collapse of Heyfords. Lombard NetWest Factoring's lawsuit plans against Essex to recover unpaid bills worth 156,000 British pounds; Claim by Michael...