Talks between KPMG and LTF may enable manufacturers to recover Maples stock
- LTF gains Maples injunction. // Cabinet Maker;11/21/97, Issue 5065, p3
Reports that retail finance firm Lombard Tricity Finance has obtained an injunction against Maples and its receiver Deloitte & Touche LLP. Details of LTF's press statement.
- Billing department outsources services. // Credit Management;Nov97, p20
Reports that Lombard Tricity Finance has outsourced the print and distribution services of its customer billings department to Microgen Chronos. Functions of Microgen Chronos; Number of types of customer service letters process by Microgen.
- More retailers (both large and small) view the new year with pessimism. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;01/23/98, Issue 5072, p8
Cites the findings of the `Cabinet Maker' journal and Lombard Tricity Finance's report `Business Trends Survey' in Great Britain. Includes a decline of optimism among furniture retailers; Slowdown of sales growth despite rises in margin and selling prices; Regional variations; Upholstery sales...
- Terms of LTF injunction remain secret. // Cabinet Maker;11/28/97, Issue 5066, p2
Discloses that the injunction filed by Lombard Tricity Finance against Deloitte & Touche and Maples has been altered by the British Court of Appeals.
- Abbey gets LTF habit. // Cabinet Maker;11/27/98, Issue 5116, p3
Reports that Abbey National has acquired credit firm Lombard Tricity Finance from NatWest Financial Markets Group.
- A valid consumer credit agreement? Cooper, Stephanie; Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Feb1989, Vol. 103 Issue 1146, p48
The article presents the Lombard Tricity Finance Ltd. v. Paton case. The British Court of Appeal had to decide whether a consumer credit contract complied with the requirements of the British Consumer Credit Act 1974 and The Consumer Credit Agreements Regulations 1983. Paton bought a computer on...
- Face value. Cramb, Jennifer; Cunningham, Ian // People Management;08/13/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p48
Describes how KPMG is addressing the issue of technical proficiency in accountancy through a development program targeted at its lead partners. Details on the program, entitled Beyond Best Practice; Outcomes of and lessons from the program.
- KPMG Announces Study Results. // Energy User News;Mar2001, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p35
Presents the Utilities Business Challenges survey released by KPMG on telecom services in Montvale, new Jersey.
- Bargain basement up North, study says. White, Michael // World Trade;Feb97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p75
Focuses on an independent study made by the Canadian office of KPMG, which says business operating costs are significantly lower in Canada than in the United States. Information about the study; Sponsor of the study; Cost factors.