The lure and lore of the Catskills at Fly Fishing Center & Museum
- Museum to honor Negro League baseball stars. // Jet;12/17/90, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p48
Discusses plans for the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum set to open in Kansas City in 1992. Comments by museum spokesman Phil Dixon; Planned exhibits.
- Daytona USA. Putter, Eric // Cycle World;Feb97, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p27
Features the Daytona USA sports racing museum. Items on exhibit; Interactive sights; Contact information.
- Up-to-date in Kansas City. Gutierrez, Paul // Sports Illustrated;01/12/98, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p100
Reports that the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum has found a new home in Kansas City, Missouri. Players memorialized there, including Josh Gibson, Martin Dihigo, Judy Johnson and others; Former players' reactions to the museum.
- Jack's place. // Golf World;6/2/95, Vol. 48 Issue 42, p8
Reports on the groundbreaking ceremonies for the Jack Nicklaus Museum adjacent to the Muirfield Village Golf Course in Ohio.
- A pitch for black history. Giancaterino, Randy // American Visions;Jun/Jul93, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p22
Highlights the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum. Plight of black players and team operators; Opening and scheduled transfer to a downtown complex; Activities of the museum's research center; Tales of baseball old-timers; Concept of exclusion from leagues; Evolution of black baseball leagues.
- The Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum. Cavendish, Richard // History Today;Jun96, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p60
Features the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum in London, England. History of the museum; Number of visitors per year; New acquisitions by the museum; Items included in the museum's collection.
- Row, row, row to Henley-on-Thames. // In Britain;Feb99, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p7
Focuses on the River and Rowing Museum at the bank of the Henley-on-Thames in London, England. Use of sophisticated technology and interactive displays to present the past, current and future of the sport of rowing at the town of Henley; Display of boat used by oarsmen Steve Redgrave and...
- Hail to Ishpeming. Hochman, Paul // Ski;Dec96, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p44
Features the US National Ski Hall of Fame and Museum at Ishpeming, Michigan. Structure design; Housing of the United States' largest collection of vintage ski clothing, equipment and memorabilia; Ishpeming's annual ski jumping contest.
- Grand opening for Negro Leagues Baseball Museum. // New York Amsterdam News;10/30/97, Vol. 88 Issue 44, p51
Reports that an opening celebration will be held on November 1, 1997, to dedicate the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, Kansas City, Missouri. Listing of baseball personnel that will be in attendance at the celebration; How proceeds from the event will be utilized.