The world of Ryland Loos
- Spring Wildflowers. Loos, Ryland // New York State Conservationist;Apr2006, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p2
The article focuses on the art of etching being done by artist Ryland Loos. The process involves coating a copper, iron or a zinc plate, with a wax coating called a ground. The artist uses a pointed tool to scratch the drawing through the ground to expose the metal. The image is made by inking...
- 'Constellation for lost Flora 2'. // Craft Arts International;2013, Issue 88, p9
An image of a detail of the etching "Constellation for lost Flora 2," by John Pratt is presented.
- etching. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p813
An encyclopedia entry for "etching," which refers to the application of corrosive or abrasive material to create a design on a glass or metal surface, is presented.
- faux etching on copper. cushman, jen // Cloth Paper Scissors;May/Jun2014, p26
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making faux etching on copper.
- Submicrometer-resolution etching of integrated circuit materials with laser-generated atomic fluorine. Loper, G. L.; Tabat, M. D. // Journal of Applied Physics;11/1/1985, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p3649
Presents information on a study that investigated the radical etching technique as a method to pattern and etch, with submicrometer resolution, various materials used in the fabrication of integrated circuits. Research methodology; Results and discussion.
- Catalyzed gaseous etching of silicon. Selamoglu, Nur; Mucha, John A.; Flamm, Daniel L.; Ibbotson, Dale E. // Journal of Applied Physics;8/1/1987, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p1049
Presents the traces of copper and silver to accelerate the etching of silicon by molecular fluorine. Examples of enhancement of silicon etching; Arrhenius plot of silicon etch rate with and without copper present; Effect of etchant gas and metal contaminant on silicon etching.
- A generalized plasma etching model. Zawaideh, Emad; Kim, N. S. // Journal of Applied Physics;10/15/1988, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p4199
Presents information on a study which developed a generalized plasma etching model. Equations describing the general etching processes; Discussion on generalized plasma transport equations for multi-ion species; Analysis of the particle balance model.
- Curbing plasma-induced gate oxide damage. Gabriel, Calvin T. // Solid State Technology;Mar99, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p49
Describes how to minimize plasma-induced gate oxide damage in plasma etching of semiconductors. Need to optimize plasma-etching and deposition processes; Description of an in-line damage measurement technique; Tips on how to prevent charging damage; Catching charging on product wafers.
- Pattern transfer into low dielectric constant materials by high-density plasma etching. Oehrlein, Gottlieb S.; Standaert, Theodorus E. F. M.; Matsuo, Peter J. // Solid State Technology;May2000, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p125
Deals with the challenges in the directional plasma etching of low dielectric constant materials. Significance of the patterning of the dielectric layers by plasma etching techniques to the dual-damascene approach; Process of directional etching for organic low-k materials; Post-etch mask...