The Rochester Peregrine Falcon Project
- Projection mapboard gives `the big picture'. Beaty, Wayne // Electric Light & Power;Nov94, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p34
Reports on Rochester Gas and Electric Corp.'s (RG&E) consolidation of its energy control and customer service operations in a single facility. Need to monitor its line operations and power delivery; Application of automated display options in its single transmission mapboard; Purchase of an...
- Remotely Monitored And Operated System Keeps Rochester G&E On Cutting Edge. Craver, Steven A.; Ferland, Frank J.; Breitung, John C. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jun2003, Vol. 230 Issue 6, p20
Reports on Rochester Gas & Electric's (RG&E) remotely monitored and operated system. Exclusive use of DTEX odometer; Monitoring and reporting procedures for odorizers; Problem with storage tank regulator.
- Rochester Gas & Electric rates tied to customer satisfaction. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Oct93, Vol. 220 Issue 10, p6
Reports on Rochester Gas and Electric Corp.'s (RG&E) rate plan based on customer satisfaction. Approval of the plan by the New York Public Service Commission; Increase in rates if customers are contented with the utility; Use of customer survey to determine if RG&E meets gas customer service...
- A Packaged Solution. Nevinger, Ronald // Transmission & Distribution World;Mar2000, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p118
Talks about the organization of a repair kit program for the repair of load tap changers at Rochester Gas & Electric (RG&E) Corporation's substations. Background on the program; Partnership of RG&E with the supplier; Implementation of the proposed system; Cost benefits of the program.
- Rochester utility offers early retirement plan. Lenckus, Dave // Business Insurance;7/4/94, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p6
Reports that the Rochester Gas & Electric Corp. is offering its employees early retirement benefits. Aftertax cost and savings; Employer policy on retirement.
- Steam turbine replacements. // Modern Power Systems;Aug93, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p11
Reports that Rochester Gas and Electric Co. plans to replace two steam generators at its Ginna nuclear plant. Awarding of a contract to design and manufacture the replacement units to Babcock and Wilcox.
- The Thunderbolt Bird Soars Again. Laycock, George // Boys' Life;Mar1993, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p38
Focuses on the peregrine falcon, known as the `Thunderbolt Bird', and its comeback from near extinction. What they feed on; Their hunting system; Why the bird was almost killed off; Cities where peregrine falcons nest on tall buildings. INSET: Knowing the peregrine falcon..
- Seattle has bird's-eye view of peregrine falcon nest. Trumbull, Mark // Christian Science Monitor;6/15/95, Vol. 87 Issue 140, p12
Informs the birth of three offsprings of peregrine falcon, an endangered specie in Seattle, US.
- New birds on the block. Miller, Claire // Ranger Rick;Jun93, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p4
Looks at what peregrine falcons, who live in wide-open country near rocky cliffs, are doing in big crowded cities. DDT, an insect poison; Why peregrines are endangered; How scientists are saving peregrines; Incubators; Hack boxes; Peregrines' nests on buildings in Los Angeles, Baltimore,...