ADK blazes trails
- Climbers celebrate Cradle centenary. // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;May/Jun2014, Issue 141, p10
The article focuses on the celebration by Climbers Club of Tasmania of the 100 years since the first climb at the Cradle Mountain in March 2014.
- MUMC celebrates 70 years. // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Nov/Dec2014, Issue 144, p10
Photographs during the 70th anniversary celebration of the Melbourne University Mountaineering Club (MUMC) including MUMC members in the outdoor anniversary gathering, the MUMC Memorial Hut and members Sandra and David Hogg climbing Mt. Sugarloaf in Victoria, Australia.
- 125 Years of Saving Wild Places. Connare, Carol // Yankee;Oct2001, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p82
Highlights the 125 anniversary of Appalachian Mountain Club in New Hampshire. Contribution of professor Edward Pickering in the formation of the club; Design and construction of Madison Spring hut in Mount Madison; Accomplishments of the club.
- Trail notes. // Backpacker;Sep92, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p83
Offers suggestions from the American Hiking Society which will insure that hiking trails will survive in the future. Involvement in trail club, trail development and maintenance; Writing to legislators in support of trails; Grooming a trail; The practice of low-impact hiking; More.
- Healing The Badlands. Shealey, Tom // Backpacker;Sep2001, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p13
Deals the camping of several participants from the American Hiking Society Volunteer Vacation and some staff of the Sage Creek Wilderness Area in Badlands National Park, South Dakota in September 2001.
- Family fun in high country. Spotts, Peter N. // Christian Science Monitor;7/29/97, Vol. 89 Issue 170, p13
Looks at the backcountry overnight camping and hiking program for families run by the Appalachian Mountain Club in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. What is included in the program; Its network of bunkhouses and dining halls a days hike apart; Why the program was established; Popularity of...
- Eat like an Egyptian. Basch, Martin // Ski;Feb94, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p8E
Features Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC) in Pinkham Notch, New Hampshire. Culinary offerings; Nightly themes and shows; Capacity; Reservations.
- A room with a view. Gosselin, Lisa // Ski;May/Jun94, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p12
Announces the availability of backcountry huts at Colorado's 10th Mountain Division.
- Signpost. // Backpacker;Apr96, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the cleanup of the Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona. Cooperation between park rangers and the Arizona Mountaineering Club.