- SUNY to offer new on-line classes to area via its learning network. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/7/95, Vol. 6 Issue 33, p22
Reports that the State University of New York will be offering online classes in its SUNY Learning Network: Mid-Hudson Region. Courses available; Potential of the program; Number of campuses which will participate in the network.
- Study says SUNY should institute more rigorous core curriculum. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/05/96, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p15
Reports on the need for a core curriculum for all students at the State University of New York (SUNY) in Albany. Effects of the lack of core curriculum; Statements by various groups and individuals on the need for a core curriculum.
- Incubator paves high tech path. Martorana, Jamie // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/24/96, Vol. 43 Issue 26, p47
Reports on the achievements of the Long Island High Technology Incubator (LIHTI) program in the State University of New York (SUNY) Stony Brook's campus. Graduation of four companies; Jobs created by the firms; Financing provided to businesses; Funding; Formation of the Long Island Regional...
- Study on keratoconus. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Nov/Dec96 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p26
Reports on the Collaborative Evaluation of Keratoconus (CLEK) study conducted by the State University of New York (SUNY) College of Optometry. Purpose of the CLEK study; Effects of Keratonocus on women.
- SUNY system among top 10 in patents. // Business Journal (Central New York);4/4/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p22
Reports that the State University of New York (SUNY) receive the most number of patent issuance from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Number of patents received; Ranking of SUNY in patent issuance for the year 2002.
- SUNY programs spur creation of 7,114 jobs in private sector. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/8/96, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p16
Reports on the impact of the workforce training and job retention programs offered by the State University of New York (SUNY) in Albany, New York State on the number of jobs created in the private sector in the 1994-1995 academic year. Features of the programs; Comment by John Kalas, associate...
- SUNY waives max in tuition hikes at community colleges. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/19/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 40, p6B
Reports on the approval of tuition fee increase at the State University of New York in Albany, New York. Average increase in tuition fees; Impact of the tuition increase on the enrollment of the colleges; Amount of tuition increase approved by the board of directors of the state college.
- Albany School of Public Health accredited. // Nation's Health;Jul93, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p13
Announces the accreditation of the School of Public Health at the University of Albany (State University of New York) by the Council on Education for Public Health. Comment by David O. Carpenter.
- Citibank selected at SUNY card vendor. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/28/94, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p6
Reports on the selection of Citibank by the State University of New York to produce identification and transaction card for the SUNY system. Features of the card; Extension of participation to the City University of New York and Cornell University; Estimated number of users of the new card.