Comodulation Masking Release (CMR) in Children and the Influence of Reading Status
- Learning Disabilities and the Vestibular System. Ayres, A. Jean // Journal of Learning Disabilities;Jan1978, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p30
Studies an experimental group of children that received sensory integrative therapy and a control group, both identified by public schools as having a learning disability. Conditions influencing academic growth; Sensory integrative dysfunctions in learning disabled children with...
- Auditory Perceptual Disorders: "He Won't Outgrow Them" Mencher, George T.; Stick, Sheldon L. // Clinical Pediatrics;Nov1974, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p977
Focuses on the auditory perceptual disorders in children. Consequences of auditory perceptual disturbances; Approaches to recognition and identification of the disorder; Examinations and therapy for language delayed children; Teaching of compensatory behavior.
- The Use of Visual Cues to Teach Receptive Skills to Children With Severe Auditory Discrimination Deficits. Chesnut, Matthew; Williamson, Phyllis N.; Morrow, Joseph E. // Behavior Analyst Today;Jul2003, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p212
Students who have not learned basic receptive communication skills using standard discrete trial methods are often recommended for "functional" programs. Lessons in these programs provide opportunities for students to learn new skills in functional contexts. Typically, these students are very...
- HYSTERICAL SENSORY APHASIA--WORD-DEAFNESS--IN A CHILD. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;4/25/2001, Vol. 285 Issue 16, p2054
Describes hysterical sensory aphasia, also known as word-deafness, in children. Specific case reported by Doctor Ludwig Mann; Theories as to causes; Possible links to trauma.
- Relationship of Auditory and Visual Skills to Reading Retardation. Richardson, Ellis; DiBenedetto, Barbara; Christ, Adolph; Press, Mark // Journal of Learning Disabilities;Feb80, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p26
Investigates the relationship between specific tests of auditory and visual skills and phonic decoding, sight-word reading and comprehension in a sample of poor readers from a racially and ethnically heterogeneous elementary school population in New York City. Relation of auditory closure and...
- Auditory and Visual Evoked Responses in Children with Familial Reading Disabilities. Weber, Bruce A.; Omena, Gilbert S. // Journal of Learning Disabilities;Mar1977, Vol. 10 Issue 3
Examines auditory and visual evoked responses in children with familial reading disabilities. Comparison of amplitudes of auditory and visual evoked responses from right and left hemispheres in subjects from three families having reading problems; Lack of differences between dyslexic and normal...
- Auditory Temporal Processing in Children With Specific Reading Disability With and Without Attention Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder. Breier, Joshua I.; Fletcher, Jack M.; Foorman, Barbara R.; Klaas, Patricia; Gray, Lincoln C. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Feb2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p31
The auditory temporal deficit hypothesis predicts that children with specific reading disability (RD) will exhibit a deficit in the perception of auditory temporal cues in nonspeech stimuli. Tasks assessing perception of auditory temporal and nontemporal cues were administered to children with...
- Importance of Pre-Educational and Post-Educational Language Tests and Effect of Training on the Diagnosis of Auditory Processing Disorders (APDs) in Children. Muluk, Nuray Bayar; Yalcinkaya, Fulya // Journal of International Advanced Otology;2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p386
No abstract available.
- READING DISABLED CHILDREN WITH ABOVE-AVERAGE IQ: A COMPARATIVE EXAMINATION OF COGNITIVE PROCESSING. Snart, Fern; Das, J.P.; Mensink, David // Journal of Special Education;Fall88, Vol. 22 Issue 3
Focuses on the role of information processing in intellectual and academic functioning of students who are reading disabled though of above-average intelligence. Cognitive processes of students with different intellectual levels in the areas of sequential and simultaneous processing, attention...