The Influence of Fundamental Frequency and Sound Pressure Level Range on Breathing Patterns in Female Classical Singing
- Ruthie Foster. Rawls, Alex // Offbeat;Oct2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p61
An interview with singer Ruthie Foster is presented. Foster relates that she does work out every day such as a 40-minute aerobics and free weights to prevent allergies and keep her voice control. She states that she has taken formal lessons on how to sing and keep her breath controlled and make...
- Vocal Constipation or Vocal Diarrhea? Yampolsky, Diana // Canadian Musician;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p32
Focuses on the two common ailments affecting singers. Definition and symptoms of vocal constipation and vocal diarrhea; Implications of the illness for stroke and heart attacks; Tips on proper body mechanics in singing.
- HITTING THE CHENO NOTE. Mask, Denny // This Land;Fall2015, Issue 102, p64
The article suggests how to sing properly by relaxing the chest, neck, mouth, jaw, shoulders, and all the swallowing muscles.
- BREATHING. GRANT, CARRIE; GRANT, DAVID // Total Singing Tutor;2007, p35
The article focuses on proper breathing control when singing.
- Singing the Songs of Southern Africa. Leithead, Scott // Canadian Music Educator / Musicien Educateur au Canada;Summer2009, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p46
The article offers effects from southern African music that can be in incorporated into a choir repertoire. It is stated that the development of an internalized pulse can enable students to comprehend rhythmic complexity. In using movements, children can achieve an understanding of how to...
- Let Your Breathing Be an Inspiration! FRIEDLANDER, CLAUDIA // Classical Singer;Feb2014, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p12
The article offers the author's insights on ways to improve breathing which is the foundation of singers' healthy and beautiful singing. The author examines the roles of breathing in singing and the physical properties and coordination needed to carry them out. Topics discussed include oxygen...
- The Skinny on Weight Loss & Breath Management. FRIEDLANDER, CLAUDIA // Classical Singer;May2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p14
The article offers tips for classical signers on how to safeguard their voice if they plan to reduce their weight. It suggests the need for singers to develop an alternate means of optimizing their breath pressure to ensure their weight alteration will exchange their voice. It says that...
- SOLID FOUNDATION. GRANT, CARRIE; GRANT, DAVID // Total Singing Tutor;2007, p32
The article considers breathing and placement as the solid foundation for the different singing styles that one may like to use.
- BREATHING. GRANT, CARRIE; GRANT, DAVID // Total Singing Tutor;2007, p77
The article discusses the types of breathing while singing. It is typical for individuals tot take a huge breath before singing a song, which is not the best thing to do. It is suggested not to breath in the middle of the word of a song as it can ruin the meaning. Singers should avoid lowering...