Health literacy and harm: Who is at risk? What is the fix?
- Health care barometer. // AHA News;6/12/95, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p4
Reports on a survey showing the expansion of ambulatory care services by urban hospitals in the United States. Reasons for the new and expanded services; Percentage of hospitals showing ambulatory care services; Top five services targeted for establishment and expansion.
- PPI: Hospitals up 0.1% overall. Cys, Jane // AHA News;04/12/99, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p2
Reports the status of main hospital segments in the Producer Price Index as of April 9, 1999. Increase in the general medical and surgical hospitals; Status of inpatient treatments; Decrease in outpatient services.
- Ambulatory care facility may save Harlem Hospital. Egyir, William K. // New York Amsterdam News;5/6/95, Vol. 86 Issue 18, p6
Focuses on the plan to restructure the Harlem Hospital in New York, N.Y. Construction of an ambulatory care facility to provide health maintenance organization managed care; Emphasis on preventive medicine; Comments from Bob Grier, Harlem Hospital's director of public relations; Financial issues.
- St. Joseph's Mercy to open new branch. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;09/13/99, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p45
Reports that the Saint Joseph's Mercy Hospital in Macomb County, Michigan, is planning to open an outpatient center to enhance health care access in the county's northeast area. Features of the proposed facility; Project location; Health services to be offered in the center.
- Surgery center gets no-show to show up. Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;10/24/94, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p57
Features El Camino Surgery Center, a specialty healthcare provider organization based in Mountain View, California. Ambulatory surgery as a risk management issue; Average surgical cases per year; Average cancellations per month; Risk management implemented focusing on surgical cancellations.
- Joint ventures, new services keep Botsford ambulance service growing. GREENE, JAY // Crain's Detroit Business;4/11/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p39
The article offers information on the growth of the ambulance company Community EMS founded by Botsford Hospital in Michigan.
- Automatic alerts do not improve adherence to Black Box warnings. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;2/19/2011, Issue 622, p5
The article focuses on research conducted in the U.S. which reported that the overall adherence rate did not improve after adding prescribing alerts regarding Black Box warnings (BBWs) to electronic health records in an outpatient setting.
- Team improves throughput, avoids ED diversions. // Hospital Case Management;Mar2007, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p41
The article discusses the improvement of throughput and avoidance of emergency department diversions at Sarasota Memorial Hospital. A multi-disciplinary committee was created by the hospital to determine the cause of a rise of diversions. The committee's mission was to eliminate diversions and...
- Needs of Ambulatory Patients With Cancer Who Visited Outpatient Units in Japanese Hospitals. Mizuno, Michiyo; Arita, Hiromi; Kakuta, Miho // Oncology Nursing Forum;May2005, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p544
Purpose/Objectives: To document the domains and properties of the self-reported needs of ambulatory patients with cancer. Design: Descriptive. Setting: Outpatient units in three general hospitals in Japan. Sample: 139 ambulatory patients with cancer. Methods: The data were collected using...