Whatever happened to Jordan's principle?
- Looking for a waiver. Serafini, Marilyn Werber // National Journal;2/28/98, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p465
Discusses issues regarding health care funding in the United States. Congressional vote on federal funding for health care services for low-income, uninsured children; Plans of three states to use the money for other purposes; Regulation on the use of the money. INSET: Financing Medicare...
- Child Care. Hershfield, Bruce; Sciamanna, John // New England Journal of Public Policy;Fall2004/Winter2005, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p89
Child care has grown and changed over the past four decades. The federal government now has two major early education programs, Head Start and the Child Care and Development Block Grant. Although Head Start was enacted in 1965 and has had mostly bipartisan support, it took the federal government...
- Feds accused of spying on First Nations child welfare. ROWE, DANIEL J. // Eastern Door;5/31/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p5
The article reports that Cindy Blackstock, executive director of the First Nations Child and Family Caring Society filed a human rights complaint against the federal government of Canada for spying on her public statements and other casual conversations with her friends on Facebook.
- Medical Payment. // Illinois Register;6/13/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 24, p12141
A summary is presented of adopted amendments to 89 Illinois Administrative Code 140 on medical payment, prepared by the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services, May 30, 2014.
- Ãœber die finanzielle Lage der Krankenanstalten in der Bundesrepublik. // Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Sozialreform;jun1972, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p361
The continuation of an article from the 5/72 issue of the "Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Sozialreform" is presented whose topic is the financial status of health facilities in Germany. Changes to the basic financing of hospitals and clinics are suggested, as well a restructuring of hospital organizations....
- Blackstock challenges Canada to take care of children. ROWE, DANIEL J. // Eastern Door;10/17/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p7
The article discusses the lecture titled "Reconciliation: The Children's Story" by Cindy Blackstock, highlighting the underfunding of residential schools and First Nations' children welfare in Canada.
- Pharmaceutical reimbursement: An overview. Johnson, Philip E. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;1/15/2008 Supplement, Vol. 65, pS4
Purpose. The Medicare program authority, structure, and current and proposed rules for and rates of pharmaceutical reimbursement; billing issues; proposed expansion of accepted compendia and off-label drug uses; problems with the cost basis for reimbursement; concerns of and need for...
- Baucus' Bill Puts Onus on Nonprofit Hospitals. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;9/17/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33185, p4
The article reports on the health care reform legislation by U.S. Senate Finance Committee chairman Max Baucus. The legislation, which is called America's Healthy Future Act, would require bond-financed and other nonprofit hospitals to implement financial assistance programs, conduct regular...
- UK child care costs highest in Europe. // Community Care;2/7/2002, Issue 1408, p14
Reports on the increase in cost of child care in Great Britain based on a 2002 survey by the Daycare Trust. Overview of the cost of child care in selected areas in Great Britain; Reason for the low percentage of parents with dependent children who use formal child care service; Support provided...