50 Years of Flight
- HIGH AND MIGHTY. PETERSEN, CHRIS // Manufacturing Today;Spring2011, p110
The article features the Olney, Texas-based agricultural aviation manufacturing company Air Tractor. According to the author, Air Tractor builds planes for agricultural uses that carry tanks of 400 to 800 gallons. Founder Leland Snow reveals that the company has manufactured 119 planes in 2010...
- HIGH AND MIGHTY. PETERSEN, CHRIS // Manufacturing Today;Spring/Summer2011, p90
The article discusses the contribution of Leland Snow in the success of AirTractor which he founded to provide diverse line of planes that are designed to suit the needs of crop dusting. According to the author, the success of AirTractor is attributed to the experience and interest of Snow in...
- Soaring to New Heights. Felder, Matt // Texas Agriculture Magazine;12/4/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p20
The article discusses the success of crop duster Air Tractor Inc. founded by Leland Snow in Rio Grande Valley, Texas. Snowman earned his pilot's license at the age of 17 with crop dusting as his way to support his livelihood. His first tests flights were completed at the age of 23 allowing his...
- Aviones de combate ligeros de hÃ©lice. Póppelmann, Jürgen // Tecnologia Militar;2010, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p48
No abstract available.
- Up on the Farm. Garvey, William // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/24/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 10, p16
The article discusses agricultural aviation, focusing on the demand for agricultural aircraft (agplanes) including unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). Topics include the use of aircraft to increase farmland productivity, agplane manufacturers Air Tractor and Thrush Aircraft, and farmer Robert...
- Air tractor steps up work on water bomber. Brown, D.A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/16/1991, Vol. 135 Issue 24/25, p52
Focuses on Air Tractor Inc., Olney, Tex., the largest agricultural aircraft manufacturer in the US, which is currently flying a prototype of its Model 802 aerial tanker, with certification expected in early 1992. Plans to petition the Federal Aviation Administration to create a new section...
- AT-502B has larger wing. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/25/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 17, p49
Describes Air Tractor Inc.'s AT-502B aircraft. Features of the aircraft; Wingspan description; Leland Snow as president of Air Tractor.
- Entry-level turbine-powered duster. Goyer, Robert // Flying;May97, Vol. 124 Issue 5, p34
Describes Air Tractor Inc.'s AT-402A airplanes equipped with turbine engines.
- Air Tractor Offers Working Trainer. // Flying;Apr2009, Vol. 136 Issue 4, p18
The article evaluates the AT-504 ag aircraft from Air Tractor Inc.