- Defining Akyemfo: The construction of citizenship in Akyem Abuakwa, Ghana, 1700-1939. Rathbone, Richard // Africa (Edinburgh University Press);1996, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p506
Gives a historical account of how the issue of identity and citizenship was confronted in Akyem Abuakwa, now the Republic of Ghana. Definition of the state; Definition of citizenship; Elaboration of an ideology.
- Will debate about citizenship be settled in court or Congress? Sipe, Jeffrey R. // Insight on the News;10/07/96, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p38
Focuses on the debate about citizenship in the United States. Proposal of an amendment to the United States Constitution which would birthright citizenship by Representative Steve Stockman; Precedents for Congress' authority to change or grant citizenship; Propagation of the 14th Amendment in...
- Living by the Golden (State's) Rule. Goode, Stephen; Hayes, Ted // Insight on the News;05/07/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p4
Presents a summation of what it means to be a citizen of California.
- The nature of citizenship in the United States and Great Britain: Empirical comments on ... Conover, P.J.; Crewe, I.M. // Journal of Politics;Aug91, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p800
Examines citizens' conceptions of rights, duties, and civic identities in the US and Great Britain. Theoretical perspectives and the cross-national context; Framework and method of analysis; Empirical analysis of citizenship; More.
- Bad to worse. Martin, Alan // New Internationalist;Apr98, Issue 300, p6
Reports on the efforts of islanders of St. Helena, a British island territory off the coast of Africa, to change choices made for British Governors by gaining British citizenship. How the islanders are classified by the British Government; Information on the island; Statements from Councillor...
- I pledge allegiance. Smith, Robert L. // Yankee;Jul98, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p19
Presents information on citizenship while looking at French Canadians who left New Brunswick in 1960 and took up residents in Leominister, Massachusetts. Reason the Canadians left New Brunswick; Information on French Canadian, Rita Richard; How Richard persuaded fellow Canadians live in...
- `Active citizenship' revisited. // Youth Studies;Nov90, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p5
Presents a report entitled `Education for Active Citizenship' implemented by the Senate Standing Committee on Employment, Education and Training on March 8, 1989. Aim of the report implemented by the committee; Information on aspects of citizenship education.
- Citiz-speak: Any advance on Cicero? Owen, David // Youth Studies Australia;Mar1996, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p22
Asserts that it possible to walk away from the language of citizenship but not away from the concepts they represented. Derivative words of citizenship; Efforts to strengthen democratic institutions; Definition of civil society and civility.
- Schools as public institutions. Brennan, Marie // Youth Studies Australia;Mar1996, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p24
Questions current focus in Australia on curriculum as a means of learning about citizenship. Need for students to participate actively in `defining the culture and organization of the institution of schooling'; Microeconomic and workplace reform; Enterprise bargaining; Role of the expert.
- Citizenship legislation in the Syrian Arab Republic. Davis, Uri // Arab Studies Quarterly;Winter96, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p29
Presents the second part of the research project titled `Creating the Basis for Democracy in the Middle East: Conceptions of Citizenship in the Levant'. Social and political upheaval in Israel in 1973; Political geography of the Middle East in 1984; Background on the Syrian Republic; Judicial...