In the Loop
- By the Book. Andreoli, Teresa // License!;Apr2002, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p38
Deals with several companies that combined with publishing partners to use books as a brand-building strategy. Introduction of educational and development books by Hasbro; Creation of Carebears interactive storybooks by American Greetings; Presentation of Clifford the Big Red Dog books from...
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;03/19/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p6
Reports the financial performance of publishing and distribution business in the United States for 2001. Increase in the revenue of children's book publishing and distribution segment of Scholastic Corp.; Decline in the net income of Milbrook Press Inc.; Estimates of the net sales performance.
- In the Loop... // Book Publishing Report;03/26/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p8
Presents a round-up of news about United States book publishers and sellers, recent as of March 2001. Global book distribution network of Advanced Marketing Services Inc.; HarperCollins; Scholastic's publication of a range of titles based on Hasbro's Tonka brand and My First Games collection;...
- Holy Tablet. Carbone, Nick; Friedman, Amy; Friedman, Megan; Macsai, Dan; Rothman, Lily // Time;7/30/2012, Vol. 180 Issue 5, p98
The article offers information on a tablet computer for Christians, called Edifi, by Family Christian.
- Agencies selected for iBelieve.com. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/29/99, Vol. 17 Issue 48, pB6
Announces the selection of three advertising agencies to handle the account of iBelieve.com, the Internet venture of Christian retail chain Family Christian Stores. Names of the selected agencies.
- Sales Up at Family Christian, but No Public Offering. // Publishers Weekly;12/14/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 50, p18
Reports on the 1998 third quarter revenue of Family Christian Stores. Increase in sales of the company; Factors that helped improve the sales; Comments from Les Dietzman, chairman of the company.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;9/28/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 39, p4
This section offers news briefs on the book industry in the U.S. as of September 28, 2009. Steve Rubin has resigned as an executive of the Random House/Doubleday family. Scholastic posted an increase in its revenue for the first quarter. Capstone Press plans to add a line of children's...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;3/28/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 13, p4
This section offers news briefs from the U.S. book publishing sector. It outlines the factors that contributed to the increase in the operating loss posted by Scholastic in the third quarter ended February 28, 2011. It relates the 4.2% decline in the book comps of Hastings Entertainment in its...
- Christian bookselling site Ibelieve pushes launch back to January. // Book Publishing Report;12/20/99, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p5
Reports on the launching of Ibelieve.com, the Internet spin-off of Family Christian Stores. Problems which prevented the firm from opening in the fourth quarter of 1999; Competition from Amazon.com Inc.'s Christian-products Web site.