- Bookseller now Fatbrain.com. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Apr99, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p4
Describes the advertising campaign of Sunnyvale, California-based online bookstore Fatbrain.com. Goldberg Moser O'Neill Advertising as the developer of the campaign; Estimated budget for the campaign.
- B&N gobbles Fatbrain.com. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;09/14/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 9, p2
Reports that Barnes & Noble Inc. plans to acquire Fatbrain.com, one of the leading technology booksellers.
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;07/03/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p6
Provides updates on the finance of companies in the book industry as of July 2000. Percentage of net sales and year-to-date net income reported by the Millbrook Press and Fatbrain.com; Efforts of the companies to generate income by the end of the year; Factors contributing to the increase in...
- In the loop... // Book Publishing Report;10/25/99, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p6
Presents news on the book publishing industry in the United States for the week of October 25, 1999. Includes the decision of Glassbook to join Microsoft Corp.'s efforts to promote electronic books; Extension of NewStar Media Inc.'s licensing agreement with Hearst Magazines.
- Return To Profitability Unlikely As NewStar Files For Chapter 11. // Book Publishing Report;07/03/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p3
Reports the filing of NewStar Media Inc. for Chapter 11 relief at the United States Bankruptcy Court. Lack of funding to finance the audiobook publishing unit as reason for bankruptcy filing; Strategy of the company to regain profitability; Reason for resignation of employees; Percentage...
- In the loop. // Book Publishing Report;10/11/99, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p8
Presents news items related to the book industry in the United States as of October 11, 1999. Includes NewStar Media Inc.'s selection of Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin Capital as its investment banker; IDG Books Worldwide Inc.'s partnership with a service called Ask Jeeves to create an online...
- The paperless chase. // Inter@ctive Week;05/17/99, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p29
Announces computer and professional bookseller Fatbrain.com's agreement to offer documentation on demand through the custom online bookstores it has built for Novell, Silicon Graphics Inc., and ZiLog.
- Fatbrain.com Opens Publishing Trust. Guglielmo, Connie // Inter@ctive Week;09/13/99, Vol. 6 Issue 37, p48
Provides information on eMatter, an electronic commerce service for book authors offered by Fatbrain.com. Listing fee for published and unpublished books; Security offered by Fatbrain.com's system; Technology used in the service.
- Fatbrain Sees Online Growth. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/5/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 27, p16
Reports on the earnings of Fatbrain.com for the first quarter ended April 30, 1999. Revenues; Factors which contributed to the growth of the company; Details on company operations.