B&N.com Mixes Education And Commerce With Online Classes
- Bn.com Starts Trading On Its Good Name. Guglielmo, Connie // Inter@ctive Week;02/21/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p22
Reports that the bookseller, Barnesandnoble.com (Bn.com) is using its post transaction page to link its credit card-paying customers to other online retailers. Retailers that have a link on their post-transaction pages referring customers to Bn.com; Reason behind the idea; Comments from Bn.com...
- New Bestseller Lists From B&N.com. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;7/1/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 26, p14
Announces the addition of an hourly, real-time bestseller lists to the online store of BarnesandNoble.com. Aim of introducing a new feature; Potential of the bestseller list; Information on its book category lists.
- Barnesandnoble.com and Microsoft to Create eBook Superstore. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Mar2000, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p45
Reports on plans by barnesandnoble.com and Microsoft Corp. to create a barnesandnoble.com eBook Superstore using Microsoft Reader software. When Barnesandnoble.com will create the store on its Web site; What this collaboration means to the future of electronic books; When Microsoft Reader is...
- Mounting Losses Plague Online Booksellers, Force New Stock Lows. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p5
Reports on the decline in the stock prices of online retail giant Amazon.com and bookseller Barnes&Noble.com in August 2000, following the companies' announcement of disappointing 2000 second-quarter results. Amount of losses incurred by Amazon.com and Barnes&Noble.com.
- Online Booksellers Watch Revenues Soar, While Profits Remain MIA. // Book Publishing Report;03/27/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p5
Reports the performance of online booksellers in the United States as of 1999. Comparison on revenue growth and book sales of Amazon.com, Barnes&Noble.com and borders.com; Net loss incurred by the three online booksellers; Capital losses of Fatbrain.com; Contact information of the online...
- Book Battle. Bannan, Karen J. // MediaWeek;02/28/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p72
Looks at the online booksellers, Barnesandnoble.com, Borders.com, Fatbrain.com and Amazon.com. Business strategy of Amazon; Condition of Barnesandnoble's business; Details on the business model of Borders; Initiatives taken by Fatbrain.
- B&N.com Won't Sell `Mein Kampf' in Germany. Mutter, John; Wells, Diana // Publishers Weekly;12/20/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 51, p21
Reports on the decision of Barnesandnoble.com (B&N.com) to stop selling the book `Mein Kampf,' by Adolf Hitler in Germany. Reasons for the decision; Details on the issue of censorship in Germany; Decision of a regional court in Poland not to punish a history professor for publishing a book that...
- SQL Server 7 Brings IT Cheer. Dyck, Timothy // PC Week;11/30/98, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p30
Examines how Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 running on a Windows NT platform has enabled Barnesandnoble.com Inc. to successfully manage the bookseller's electronic orders during the 1998 Christmas retail season. The interactive, real-time data analysis offered by SQL Server 7.0; Why Alan Bourassa,...
- B&N.com offers business solutions. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;8/3/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 31, p15
Announces that Barnesandnoble.com has launched Business Solutions, a business-to- business program which provides a customizable way to order books and periodicals through company intranets. The target companies of Business Solutions; The unique Web site; Access to business consultant Arthur...