The spirit of giving
- Top Ten PAC Contributors. // Human Events;4/28/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 15, p10
A list of the political action committees (PAC) that were the biggest campaign contributions to Republicans and to Democrats in the 2008 and 2004 election cycles in the U.S. is presented which includes Operating Engineers Union, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers and Sheet Metal...
- THE DANGERS, AND PROMISE, OF SHRINK MISSOURI. Rosenkranz, E. Joshua // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Fall2000, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p71
Examines the court case of Nixon versus Shrink Missouri Government Political Action Committee, which dealt with political campaign restrictions for political action committees in the United States. Arguments of the Supreme Court justices on the case; Sources of campaign funds and the...
- The Secret Ingredient for Successful PAC Fundraising: Discipline. Silverberg, Carl // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jun2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p63
No abstract available.
- Host Committee raises $7.1 M toward convention. // San Diego Business Journal;1/29/96, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p26
Reports that the San Diego Host Committee for the Republican National Convention said it raised $7.1 million in contributions from California residents.
- NY PACs spur campaign donations. Lipowicz, Alice // Crain's New York Business;9/12/94, Vol. 10 Issue 37, p3
Reports on the surge of financial contributions from political action committees in New York City. Statistics; Key recipients; Factors affecting the increases.
- The Facts on PACs. Reynolds, Larry // Management Review;Feb90, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p53
Comments on campaign reform efforts aimed at reducing political candidates' dependence on funds from political action committees in the United States. Legislators involved in the reform initiatives; Obstacles to campaign fund reform.
- Finance industry PAC contributions to U.S. Senators, 1983-88. Loucks, Christine // Public Choice;Dec96, Vol. 89 Issue 3/4, p219
Examines the campaign contributions of the political action committee (PAC) for the finance industry of the United States. Evaluation of the institutional structure of the senate; Focus on banking committee; Money distribution of PAC.
- Comparing interest group PAC contributions to House and Senate incumbents, 1980-1986. Grier, Kevin B.; Munger, Michael C. // Journal of Politics;Aug93, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p615
Studies the theory and conventional wisdom on campaign contributions by economic interests to incumbents in the Congress. Review of existing work on patterns of political action committee (PAC) contributions in the House and Senate; Determinants of the cost to PACs of a member of Congress'...
- Tighter Bank Budgets Reflected in PACs. Heller, Michele // American Banker;8/20/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 159, p1
Reports on reduction in campaign donations by political action committees of commercial banks for Senate and House elections to be held in November 2002 in the U.S. Factors responsible for the reduction in donations; Prominent contributors; Collections by Senator Tim Johnson.