Staying Virtually Linked
- THE TECHNOLOGY YOU'LL USE. Olsen, Pat // Financial Planning;Apr2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p66
Offers information on the technologies to be used by the financial planning industry in the U.S. by 2010. Role of technology in financial planning practices; Forecast on the use of laptop computers by financial planners; Areas of financial management to be affected by technological changes.
- Feeling left out by A-IMS? Not Ericssonï¿½. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;8/14/2006, Vol. 247 Issue 13, p14
The article examines the exclusion of Ericsson Inc. in the team established by Verizon Wireless to develop its Advances to Internet Protocol Multimedia Subsystems (IMS) reference document for enhancements to the IMS standard. The team is composed of Lucent Technologies, Cisco Systems Inc.,...
- Your PDA as a Commodity? // Rural Telecommunications;May/Jun2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p8
Presents the results of a study about personal digital assistants (PDA). Prices of PDA; Features that will be added to PDA by 2003.
- Non-terrestrial communications: Bigger and better backup. Roberts, Mary Rose // Mobile Radio Technology;Dec2007, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p60
The article reports on the increasing used of non-terrestrial communications devices in the U.S. According to the author, vendors are creating non-terrestrial systems as a qualified backup strategy to assist public-safety communications during emergence situations or network congestions. As a...
- LTE standard on track for March completion. // Wireless Asia;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the near completion of long-term evolution (LTE) technology specifications by Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) in Asia. Accordingly, the project is expected to be completed by March 2009 along with the full guidelines on Release 8 standard after the success of...
- Spectrum Shortfall. Hatch, David // National Journal;4/23/2011, p8
The article warns about the potential shortfall of wireless communication spectrum, according to U.S. federal regulators and technology firms. Analysts predict that the shortfall could strike as early as 2013, while mobile broadband traffic is anticipated to increase by 21-fold from 2010-2015....
- Active Tuning Antennas for Wireless Communication. Raptis, Vasilis; Tatsis, Giorgos; Votis, Constantinos; Chronopoulos, Spyridon K.; Christofilakis, Vasilis; Kostarakis, Panos // AIP Conference Proceedings;1/21/2010, Vol. 1203 Issue 1, p1058
Latest technologies in wireless communications present new challenges on antenna design. Reduced size antennas with self reconfigurable ability are characteristical of smart antennas. This paper presents the practical implementation issues of making an automatic smart antenna tuning system...
- Cellular truth stranger than fiction. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;9/13/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p10
Comments on issues related to wireless communication technology. Impact of technological advances on criminal investigations; Analysis of the reliability of cell tower information.
- Enhanced Chain Based Data Collection Sensor Network Technique. Mahajan, Shilpa; Malhotra, Jyoteesh // International Journal of Computer Science Issues (IJCSI);May2011, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p394
Wireless sensor networks (WSNs) have received tremendous attention in recent years because of the development of sensor devices, as well as wireless communication technologies. WSNs make it easier to monitor and control physical environments from remote locations and present many significant...