A Sign of the Times?
- PARTNERS. // CPA Wealth Provider;Oct2003, p12
Reports on developments relevant to strategic alliances among accounting and financial planning practices in the U.S. as of October 2003. Firms involved in the strategic alliances; Corporate synergies created from the strategic alliances; Terms of the strategic alliances.
- New Allies in Kentucky. // Accounting Technology;Oct2003 Supplement, p12
Reports on the strategic alliance between Ernst & Young Inc. and Kentucky-based accounting firm Carpenter, Mountjoy & Bressler in the U.S. Terms of the alliance agreement; Number of certified public accountants employed in both firms; Comment by Carpenter chairman, Michael Mountjoy, on the...
- Strategic Alliances and Partnership Programmes. Rede, Rutherford // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct2001, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p19
Reports on the strategic alliances and partnership programs of Rutherford Rede Ltd., an investment advisory firm in New Zealand. Option for independent legal and accounting practices; Levels of involvement; Components of the wealth management process.
- Adding Financial Services Capabilities. Parness, Michael H. // Accounting Today;3/16/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 4, preceding p5
The article focuses on the need for accounting firms to offer financial services capability. It advises certified public accountants (CPA) to provide clients with referrals to quality financial advice. It suggests creating an in-house capability or collaborate with an established financial...
- Developing Strategic Partnerships. Brennan, David // Accounting Today;3/16/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 4, preceding p6
The article offers tips for accounting firms on developing strategic alliances with financial services firms. Some of the factors to consider in selecting a financial advisor are its reputation, the scope and quality of products and services, client support services and its financial reporting...
- Your Competitive Landscape is Changing. Ahluwalia, Gagan // Accounting Today;11/6/2006 Supplement, Vol. 20, p6
The author reflects on the merits of working or partnering with GlobalStep, an offshore provider of core professional services to U.S. accounting firms. He contends that GlobalStep intimately understands the opportunities and the competitive advantage of a viable customized off-shore strategy....
- Elavon Deal Expands European Acceptance For Discover And Diners Club Cards. // ISO & Agent Weekly;10/1/2009, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p12
The article reports on the agreement signed between Discover Financial Services' Diners Club International Ltd. and Elavon Inc. to expand Diners Club and Discover card acceptance in Great Britain and western Europe. It notes that, part of the agreement, Elavon will provide consolidated pricing,...
- Call Me When the Crisis Is OVER. Gleeson, Jerry // Registered Rep;Sep2011, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p53
The article explores the strategic responses of financial advisors to address and help investors in the brink of the downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Peter M. Maris, a certified financial planner at Resource Financial Group, has called and offered his services to clients to re-examine their...
- A Platform Catering to Breakways. Marsh, Ann // On Wall Street;Oct2014, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p18
The article looks at the efforts of Freedom Wealth Alliance in attracting wirehouse advisors to its financial management business through the use of the custodial platform operated by LPL Financial, where the firm targets advisors with annual income of 250,000 dollars and above.