Revenge of the "Real" Planners
- Revenge of the "Real" Planners... // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p27
This article describes the reaction of financial planners and their clients to the low turnout of the stock market in the U.S. in April 2000. In the wake of the situation, the press found many financial planners and their clients calm. They attributed the response to consistent education about...
- Then and Now... // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p27
Presents a collection of statements and comments from various newspapers and financial analyst in the U.S. about the stock market. "Business Week" periodical; Burton Malkiel, an author; "The New York Times newspaper.
- Explaining the decline in the auction rate securities market. D'Silva, Adrian; Gregg, Haley; Marshall, David // Chicago Fed Letter;Nov2008, Issue 256, p1
The article provides an overview of auction rate securities (ARSs) as well as examines the collapse of this market and its effects starting in February 2008. ARSs are long-term securities, but with time-varying interest rates which are reset periodically at fixed intervals through an auction...
- Why the Asian crash matters to you. Kadlec, Daniel // Time International (South Pacific Edition);11/03/97, Issue 44, p24
Focuses on the July 2, 1997 Asian market crash and its effect on people outside Asia. How the United States market lowered as a result; How United States companies and global powerhouses elsewhere will not be doing as much business in Asia in coming quarters; How big companies will not make as...
- The Blame Season. Bradley, Harold // Traders Magazine;Jul2001, Vol. 14 Issue 184, p52
Talks about the potential reason for the status of stock exchanges in the United States as of July 2001. Investigations into initial public offerings of business enterprises; Information on a survey conducted on institutionalized firms; How business enterprises monitor their research quality.
- Let the good times roll--and keep the bad news to yourself. Dombrowski, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;03/13/98, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p13
Provides an outlook into the performance of the stock market in the United States. Reflection of the public's perception of the economy; Asian disaster for global financial markets; Political events and their impact on the stock market.
- A holistic approach to security evaluation. Subramaniam, Sam // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;May2010, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p46
The article discusses two techniques for measuring equity markets such as fundamental analysis and technical analysis in the U.S. It notes that fundamental equity traders rely on earnings growth or valuation ratios to choose securities, while technical traders use trading volume patterns or...
- Living with a bear. Whitford, David // Fortune;12/21/1998, Vol. 138 Issue 12, THE 1999 INVESTOR'S GUIDE p102
Discusses the United States stock market. A bear market defined; Strategies for investing during a bear market; The number of bear markets since the end of World War II; Graphical data on the bear markets of 1961-62, 1973-74, and 1987.
- What Follows the Magic Act? Sivy, Michael // Money;Jul99, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p31
Discusses the current success of the stock market and the view that it will return to normalcy as of July 1, 1999. Comments on `regression to the mean' made by United States Federal Reserve chairman, Alan Greenspan; What a return to normalcy would look like; The categories of benchmarks;...