- metal cutting machines. // Production Technology News;Aug2004, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p8
Evaluates several metal cutting machines. 8200 Combination Burr/Cutting Tool Grinder from Unison Corp.; 300 gear hobbing machine from Koepfer America LLC; Nakamura-Tome WTW-150 computer numerical control turning center from Methods Machine Tools Inc.
- MARKETPLACE. // T & P: Tooling & Production;Jun2005, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p51
The article presents information on new machine-tools. One of them is the aluminator indexable milling cutters. These are designed for both heavy roughing and fine-finish machining of aluminum. End mills and face mills feature double-positive, deep-dish, molded, rake face geometry, enabling...
- Turning Machines. // Production Technology News;Mar2007, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p28
The article offers information on various products for use in the metalworking industry including the STC 400 Superabrasive Turning Center with plated CBN grinding wheels from MAX -TEK, the SL-20L long-bed turning centers from Haas and the GMX 250 S linear turning/milling center with 2-channel...
- NEW PRODUCTS. // Production Technology News;Mar2007, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p30
The article offers information on various products for use in the metalworking industry including the CoroTurn TRÂ® T-rail interface to boost performance in profile machining from Sandvik Coromant, the ZH4000 horizontal machining center from NTC and the HLx Series laser welding system from...
- Japan machine tools bounced back in 2000. // T & P: Tooling & Production;Apr2001, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the increase in demand for metalcutting machine tools in Japan in 2000. Amount of orders for December 2000; Growth rate of turning machines; Order backlog as of the end of 2000.
- CUTTING TOOL DIGEST. // American Machinist;Dec2004, Vol. 148 Issue 12, p18
Evaluates several cutting products used in machining. WPR-D helical ballnose insert from LMT-Fette Inc.; SumiNotch Grade EH510V grooving inserts from Sumitomo Electric; R219.19 full-radius copymill cutters from Seco-Carboloy.
- Floating Reamer Chuck. // Production Machining;Jan2006, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p49
The article reports that Genevieve Swiss Industries has launched a Swiss-made floating reamer chuck for Swiss-type lathes that is capable of 0.009" of true orbital float. The reamer chuck can be used in live tool spindles as well as static ID positions to ensure accuracy of small holes....
- Multi-Quality Prediction Model of CNC Turning Using Back-Propagation Network. Tian-Syung Lan; Chih-Yao Lo; Ming-Yung Wang; Yen-An Yu // Information Technology Journal;2008, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p911
In this study, the four cutting parameters (cutting depth, feed rate, speed and tool nose runoff) with three levels (low, medium and high) are selected to determined the 34 = 81 sets of full experimental combinations. The ECOCA-PC3807 CNC lathe is utilized to diameter finishing turn the S45C....
- How are you using tool nose radius compensation? Lynch, Mike // Modern Machine Shop;Jun94, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p146
Presents information on how to use tool nose radius compensation depending on the type of system in use. CAM (computer aided manufacturing) system; Tool point path; Tool center line path; Changes in tool radius.