Inspection Without Frustration: SIMPLIFYING VISION AUTOMATION
- Machine-vision system inspects in color. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics (1996);Sep2000, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p14
Features Eyebot vision system, a quality-inspection robotic eye device that detects color and shape by SIGHTech Vision Systems Inc. in San Jose, California. Details on the operation process; Capability of the Eyebot to compile massive database of visual features; Advantages of a pipelined...
- Light camera action. // Process Engineering;Mar2006, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p40
The article introduces the In-Sight 5400R, a vision sensor machine from Cognex Corp. It is designed for applications where the camera is mounted on the end of a robot arm. It weighs less than 2.5 ounces and is about the size of a C-cell battery. The latest version has a separate camera and...
- SIGHTech Vision Systems Introduces `Eyebot' Robotic Eye. // Imaging Update;Oct99, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p5
Presents information on the product called Eyebot, an intelligent robotic eye from SIGHTech Vision Systems Inc. which is able to learn good images or parts and distinguish them from bad ones.
- Vision sensor software for robots. // Manufacturers' Monthly;Nov2006, p29
The article reports on Cognex Corp.'s launching of the In-Sight Explorer 3.3 software for its In-Sight vision sensors. The software includes calibration, communication and other tools that minimize integration time when deploying vision in robotic guidance and inspection applications. The...
- D.A.D. BRINGS HOME THE BACON. Mover, Michael // Popular Science;Jun2004, Vol. 264 Issue 6, p90
Focuses on the robot vision system developed by Digital Auto Drive (DAD) of Morgan Hill, California. Capabilities of the system; Strategy applied by the DAD team led by David Hall during the 2004 DARPA robotics race.
- Visionary seminars. // Packaging Magazine;9/8/2005, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p22
Previews the free machine vision seminars led by Industrial Technology Systems and Cognex at the 2005 show of the Processing and Packaging Machinery Association (PPMA) in Birmingham, England. Demonstration of how machine vision can inspect the integrity of packages, identify components for...
- Vision System Recognizes Distorted Patterns. // Plastics Technology;May2004, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p36
Introduces the PatFlex, a geometric pattern-finding software for the plastics industry developed by Cognex Corp. Features of the vision system; Variety of applications addressed by PatFlex.
- Vision and neural nets inspect disk platters. // Vision Systems Design;Aug2005, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p18
Presents information on the PC Eyebot machine-vision system from Sightech. Key features of the system; Process used by manufacturers to reduce cost of manufacturing disk platters used in disk drives; Importance of detecting the misplacement of platters according to Sightech CEO Art Gaffin;...
- Vision System Simplifies Texture Inspection. Robins, Mark // Quality;Mar2006, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p26
This article evaluates PC Eyebot, a texture inspection automation and machine vision processor from Sightech Vision Systems Inc.