Turning On A Rotary Transfer Machine
- The New Way These Parts Are Made. Zelinski, Peter // Modern Machine Shop;Aug99, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p60
Focuses on high speed machining. Increase in machine speeds at machining centers; Examples of its use in machining centers; Definition of high speed machining. INSET: On CD-ROM And On The Web: The Technology Of High Speed Machining.
- U Axis On Machining Centers. Lynch, Mike // Modern Machine Shop;Jul2000, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p172
Focuses on the U axis on traditional machining center. Linear axes of traditional machining centers; Function of U axis; Primary applications of the ability to change the diameter being machined during the machining operation.
- Cup Wheel Superfinishing. Dundas, Bill // Modern Machine Shop;Feb2003, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p56
Offers information on cup wheel superfinishing, a final machining operations that resemble honing. Principle behind the process; Advantages; Typical applications.
- When Two Spindles Are Better Than One. Zelinski, Peter // Modern Machine Shop;Feb2003, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p78
Focuses on the popularity of two-spindle machining centers for high-volume production. Advantages of the technology; Machine design; Companies that have adopted the machine; Typical applications.
- MODERN EQUIPMENT REVIEW. Steigerwald, Shauna // Modern Machine Shop;Feb2003, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p148
Covers information on machining products. Description of the DMP 60 V linear vertical machining center from DMG America Inc.; Introduction of ultra-compact cartridge-type cutters for milling slots and cored holes by Max-Cut Tools; Details on the Rustlick PowerBurn EDM-500 synthetic electric...
- On-Line Truing. Abeyta, Bill // Ceramic Industry;Dec2003, Vol. 153 Issue 13, p15
Asserts that using a slicing machine with on-line truing capabilities can help increasing machining efficiency while ensuring repeatable, precise part geometries. Results of out-of-round conditions; Benefits of on-line truing.
- Gripping stuff. Williams, Rhys // Metalworking Production;Jul2002, Vol. 146 Issue 8, p37
Focuses on the importance of toolholding in manufacturing processes and not just for operations on exotic materials at high speeds or producing difficult parts. Accuracy in the connection between tool and spindle; Elimination of the gap between machine spindle face and toolholder flange face...
- CNC machining as a rapid prototyping technique. Hassold, Rob // Modern Machine Shop;Oct95, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p68
Describes the use of CNC machining as an alternative for rapid prototyping. Identification of parts in a CNC machining center; Issues regarding the use of CNC for rapid prototyping; Advantages of using CNC; Ideal types of parts for CNC machining; Evaluation of machinability of CNCs; Safety and...
- Next-generation grinding. Xingas, Alexander // American Machinist;Sep99, Vol. 143 Issue 9, p58
Focuses on innovative grinding methods and machine designs that compliment production processes. High-speed grinding with cubic boron nitride; Continuous path-controlled grinding; Simultaneous operations. INSET: The CBN outlook..