- CONTROLLED EXPANSION ALLOYS FOR HIGH RELIABILITY PACKAGING SOLUTIONS. // Microwave Journal;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p160
Features controlled expansion (CE) alloys formulated by Osprey Metals for high reliability packaging solutions. Key characteristics of the materials; Properties tailored to applications; Applications of the CE alloys.
- MATERIALS PROGRESS: METALS. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Apr2001, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p9
Presents information on engineered materials and processes developed as of April 2001. Development of a powder metallurgy titanium-based intermetallic composite with good fracture toughness in Japan; Applications of the shock-resistant cold-work die steel announced by Carpenter Technology;...
- 12TH FORUM ON FORMING SIMULATION. // Forging;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p12
The article focuses on the 12th annual user conference, an event for the latest trends in forming stiimulation, sponsored by Simufact Engineering GmbH held in September 2010 in Bamber, Germany.
- Precision Forging Technological Optimization for 7075 Aluminum Alloy Complex Component with Limbs. Lang, Li-hui; Xu, Ai-jun; Li, Feng // JOM: The Journal of The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TM;Feb2012, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p309
Aluminum alloy complex components with limbs, such as antitorque arms, are difficult to manufacture because of their complicated shapes and high requirements in terms of mechanical properties. To form 7075 aluminum alloy antitorque arms precisely, two forming schemes with different billet shapes...
- Design and Strength Evaluation of Structural Joint Made by Electro-Magnetic Forming(EMF). Park, Young-Bae; Kim, Heon-Young; Oh, Soo-Ik; Ghosh, S.; Castro, J.C.; Lee, J.K. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2004, Vol. 712 Issue 1, p1476
Recently, weight reduction of vehicles has been of great interest, and consequently, the use of low-density materials in the automotive industry is increasing every year. Materials should not be substituted such a way that material of component parts is simply changed because there is a problem...
- GM Goes Retro(gression). Corbett, Brian // Ward's Auto World;Jul2002, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p29
Reports that General Motors Corp. will begin the use of aluminum closure panels using heat treatment retrogression forming method. Qualities of aluminum compared to steel; Capabilities of the method.
- Heat treatment strengthens high-pressure die castings. // Manufacturers' Monthly;Apr2006, p48
The article describes the innovative heat treatment developed by CSIRO Light Metals Flagship researchers in Australia for strengthening high-pressure die castings made of aluminum. The heat treatment does not cause blistering and distortion that occurs in conventional heat treatment. It also...
- Process opening new applications for aluminum. Miel, Rhoda // Plastics News;2/2/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p4
With General Motors Corp.'s introduction of a proprietary aluminum-forming system it calls quick plastic forming, the car-maker is signaling that it plans to use the lightweight alloy for more auto body applications, especially in the low-volume vehicle category that is composites' specialty....
- Laser forming looks in good SHAPE. Dearden, G.; Edwardson, S. P.; Abed, E.; Watkins, K. G. // Industrial Laser Solutions;Jun2006, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p16
The article describes the use of laser forming as a method for automated correction of distortion in manufactured non-ferrous components such as aluminum and its alloys. Laser forming has been shown to be ideal for two-dimensional and three-dimensional shaping of metallic and non-metallic...