On the Management Side
- Everyday experiences are opportunities for learning. Honey, Peter // People Management;9/7/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 18, p55
States that many works activities can be used to develop people, if managers recognize the possibilities. Information about work-based learning and reasons why it is used in developing people; Examples of `double-value' work-based learning use everyday experiences as learning opportunities.
- Why boards and CEOs part company. Grant, Jon K. // Business Quarterly;Autumn95, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p11
Explores the reasons why executives part from their respective companies. Stages of a CEO's career; Signs of corporate antagonism between board members and CEOs; How to determine when a CEO should leave.
- Get on and get ahead. Beagrie, Scott // Personnel Today;6/11/2002, p31
Focuses on the issues relating to personnel management. Concerns to career enhancement for the position in regional recruitment; Analysis on the potentials of the position prior to resignation; Evaluation of the factors for preference of human resource position compared to rewards analyst position.
- Safe harbor. Abernathy; Allerton, Donna // Training & Development;Nov99, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p39
Considers questions pertaining to the human resource development profession and career development in the United States. Employment scenarios; Competencies vital to human resource success; Recipients of the bulk of training and development attention; Identification of expertise necessary in...
- Knocked sideways. Rodgers, Chris // People Management;02/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p35
Discusses how to develop employees and break down functional barriers in a company. Information on the principles of lateral movement in companies; Advantages and disadvantages of advocating lateral movement; Views on how to encourage professional growth within a company.
- The best professional development facilities. Oczypok, Kate // Hill;5/22/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 60, p27
The article provides information on the top development facilities for professional in the U.S.
- CREO/REGA Categories Updated. Raines, Kyle // All Hands;Mar2005, Issue 1055, p6
Reports on the updated Career/Reenlistment Objectives, Rating Entry for General Apprentices and the critical skills Navy Enlisted Classification codes.
- Managing the HR career of the '90s. Solomon, Charlene Marmer // Personnel Journal;Jun94, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p62
Discusses various aspects in the field of human resources (HR). Career choices; Financial issues; Business trends; Acquisition of international experience; Business operations; Technological challenges; Expansion f business knowledge; Change process.
- Seven keys to retaining good people. Bhasin, Roberta // Pulp & Paper;Mar97, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p47
Presents a number of ideas on how to retain good people in a company. Compensation as a reward; Potential for growth; Treatment to people; Value of giving credit to where credit is due; Reactions to poor performance; Reactions to mistakes and setbacks; Value of teaching via example.