The War on Terror feeding frenzy
- Be sensitive to America's pain. Pereira, Paul // Finance Week;9/28/2001, p76
Focuses on the global advertisement recession attributed to terrorist bombings in the United States. Cancellation of television advertisements by Pepsi Inc.; Postponement of the launching of Sega products; Announcement of advertising agencies on the advertisement designs of corporate products.
- Bomb plot outlined. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/18/1995-12/25/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 25, p99
Reports that law enforcement officials in the United States have discovered a plot by three terrorists to blow up a number of passenger transports simultaneously over the Pacific. Names of the terrorists; Components of the bomb plot.
- Terrorist bungling blamed for foiled airborne murder plot. Mann, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/16/1996, Vol. 145 Issue 12, p39
Discusses a failed terrorist plot to blow up a dozen United States commercial aircraft in early 1995. The terrorists, Ramzi Ahmed Yousef, Abdul Hakim Murad and Wali Khan Amin Shah; Their conviction on September 5, 1996; The carelessness of the terrorists, to which their failure was attributed...
- Tragedy of today taints tomorrow's joy. McIntyre, Kathryn J. // Business Insurance;9/17/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 38, p21
Comments of the author on the tragedy confronting the United States. Concern for the mental well-being of the survivors; Psychological effects of the horror; Sympathy to the victims of the attack.
- Reinsurers respond to Sept. 11 crisis. Aldred, Carolyn; Zolkos, Rodd // Business Insurance;11/5/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 45, p10
Reports the response of the reinsurance industry to terrorist attacks in the United States. Plans to increase profits and implement system transparency; Possibility of altering reinsurance contracts; Increase in property and aviation accounts.
- The Lethal Triad. Gilmartin, Kevin M. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Sep96, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p1
Describes the nature of domestic isolationist or terrorist groups in the United States by focusing on the three social-psychological components that interact to nurture a given group's beliefs and behaviors, called the Lethal Triad. Dynamics of domestic terrorist groups; Isolation; Projection;...
- TRADE SHOW SHAKEUP. Posnock, Susan Thea // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p22
Reports the effects of the September 11 terrorist attacks to the trade shows in the United States. Rescheduling of trade show Internet World; Schedule of the American Magazine Conference; Postponement of the Cygnus construction equipment show EDX and the Damage Prevention Convention and Exposition.
- Industry leaders plot recovery strategy. Walsh, John P. // Hotel & Motel Management;10/15/2001, Vol. 216 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the struggles of the hotel industry following the terrorist attacks in the United States. Impact of a prolonged war against terrorism on the hotel industry; Effects of the reduction of room rates on the industry; Description of marketing as the key to help hotels recover.
- New tools for new police role. Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;6/3/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p5
Focuses on tools used by the U.S. police in performance post the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center. Purpose of the facial recognition technology; Change in the role of the police.
- Where Are We? Romeo, Peter // Restaurant Business;11/1/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 21, p4
Editorial. Comments on the effects of terrorist attacks on the restaurant industry in the United States. Recessions in the industry; Participation on rescue mission; Reinstatement on full tax deductibility of expense-account meals.