Our writers win more awards
- New America Media Awards. Hanley, Delinda C. // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p66
The article presents information about the New America Media Awards given to ethnic media journalists from across the U.S. The Best Youth Voice award was given to Mohammed Omer, correspondent of the periodical "Washington Report on Middle East Affairs." Journalists Jordan Flaherty and Ray...
- People count, too. Lewis, Sylvia // Planning;Apr97, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p25
Announces the winners of the 1997 American Planning Association (APA) Journalism Awards. `Great Falls Tribune' and assistant project editor Carol Bradley's series on how shoddy development has victimized Montana property owners; `Kalamazoo Gazette' articles concerning the Michigan city's and...
- Crainâ€™s wins 16 Excellence in Journalism awards. // Crain's Detroit Business;4/20/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p0014
The article announces that "Crain's Detroit Business" staff members earned awards for reporting, design and headline writing at the Detroit Society of Professional Journalists annual Excellence in Journalism banquet on April 15, 2015, including first place in digital media presentation category.
- ProPublica News Applications Desk Receives Data Journalism Award. Klein, Scott; Bronzan, Nicole Collins // Pro Publica;6/1/2014, p31
The article announces that "ProPublica" has received the Juror's Choice category of the Data Journalism Awards at the Global Editors Network's summit in Barcelona, Spain.
- "31 Days, 31 Ways: The Casualties of Texas' Budget Crisis". // Quill;May/Jun2012, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p70
The article announces that the staff of "The Texas Tribune" have won the 2011 Sigma Delta Chi Awards for Online Digital Media Presentation for their work titled "31 Days, 31 Ways: The Casualties of Texas' Budget Crisis."
- Courage that goes to the heart of a free press. Campbell, Kim // Christian Science Monitor;10/18/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 227, p18
Focuses on three winners of the 2001 Courage in Journalism Awards, Jineth Bedoya Lima, Amal Abbas, and Carmen Gurruchaga Basurto, who share the sentiment that they will continue exposing corruption in their countries.
- Roundup of the past year's journalism awards. // Quill;Jun99, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p42
Presents some of the 1998 major national journalism awards in the United States. Pulitzer Prizes; Alfred I. duPont-Columbia University Awards; Crystal Radio Award; Samaritan Award; National Association of Broadcasters National Radio Award.
- Winning women's writers. // American Fitness;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p62
Lists the winners of the 1995 Miller Lite Women's Sports Journalism Awards. Toby Smith for daily newspaper category; Elaine Louie for print column category; Jack McCallum for magazine category; `Conversation with Pepper Davis and J.D. McGee' for radio category; `The Women's National Football...
- The joy of six. // Louisville Magazine;Sep95, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p20
Features the six `Louisville' periodical staff writers who won awards in the 1995 Metro Louisville Journalism Awards sponsored by the Kentucky chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Includes James Nold Jr.'s award for feature writing; John Nation's first place award for...