Constitutional Kerfuffle To Fizzle Out?
- Yingluck's Stance Risks Reigniting Protests. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Nov2011, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p5
The article provides a political outlook in Thailand which involves the government of its Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra. It mentions that her government restated its commitment in amending the constitution and implementing its policies. It anticipates an increase in public expenditure to...
- Court Ruling Reinforces Thailand's Coup Culture and Augurs More Turmoil. Brennan, Elliot // World Politics Review (19446284);3/26/2014, p1
The article discusses the exacerbation of political unrest in Thailand following the Constitutional Court's ruling on March 21, 2014 that invalidated the result of the February 2, 2014 election. Topics addressed include an interpretation of Section 108 of the Thai Constitution about general...
- Constitutional after life: The continuing impact of Thailand's postpolitical constitution. Ginsburg, Tom // International Journal of Constitutional Law;Jan2009, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p83
Thailand's constitution of 1997 introduced profound changes into the country's governance, creating a "postpolitical" democratic structure in which an intricate array of guardian institutions served to limit the role of elected politicians. Ultimately, the constitutional structure was undermined...
- Public notice. Garza, Tony // Business Press;9/22/95, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p2
Presents brief explanatory statements of the proposed constitutional amendments special election on November 7, 1995.
- The British Constitution in 1994-1995. Shell, Donald // Parliamentary Affairs;Jul95, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p369
Discusses the movement for constitutional reform in Great Britain during the years 1994 to 1995. Labour Party and Conservative Party's interest in constitutional reform; Increase in interest in constitutional reform; Two-party politics and the constitution; Agenda for constitutional reform.
- Take the `a' train. Wiesner, Pat // Colorado Business Magazine;Oct94, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p8
Discusses the reasons on the need for an amendment to the Colorado Constitution with emphasis on the issues covered by Amendment 12 and its implications. Payment and pension for legislators; Tax credit for campaign contributors; Government involvement in campaign issues.
- PUBLIC NOTICE. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/12/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 37, p3A
A list of brief explanatory statements of proposed constitutional amendments is presented.
- PUBLIC NOTICE: BRIEF EXPLANATORY STATEMENTS OF PROPOSED CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS SPECIAL ELECTION NOVEMBER 6,2007. // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);9/13/2007, Vol. 100 Issue 37, p8
The article presents explanatory statements of proposed constitutional amendments which include HJR 103, SJR 57 and HJR 40.
- Prejudgement interest award not excludable. // Practical Accountant;Mar96, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p18
Provides information on the personal injury suit under Colorado law.