Metadata Standards Ready; Work Under Way On More Ebook Standards
- Hooray for The ISBN. Dawson, Laura // Publishers Weekly;3/22/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 12, p74
The article argues the importance of using International Standard Book Number (ISBN) on electronic books. The identification of a book is made through an ISBN while its description belongs to the metadata. Small publishers are concerned about the costs of assigning ISBNs on e-books and...
- AAP Recommends Standards To Jumpstart Market; Pilot Projects Expected To Begin Early In 2001. // Educational Marketer;12/04/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p1
Reports on the possibility that standards for identification and metadata for electronic books and their component parts in the United States could begin to be implemented in the first few months of 2001.
- Unsung heroes. // Information World Review;Mar2002, Issue 178, p13
Comments on a letter about metadata standard.
- Publishers Show Strongest Interest Yet In Ebooks, Though Security Fears Still High. // Book Publishing Report;05/29/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p1
Reports on developments in New York City that augur well for the future of electronic books. Plan of Time Warner Inc. to become the first major traditional publisher to create a division for electronic publishing; Partnerships announced by Microsoft Corp. with book houses; Meeting of the...
- ISSN for Serials Available on e-Readers and Other Mobile Devices: Issues and Challenges. Reynolds, Regina Romano; Simpson, Esther // Serials Review;Sep2012, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p169
ABSTRACT: Serials of all kinds including popular magazines, scholarly journals, and series of e-books are becoming increasingly available in formats designed for use on mobile devices. A provisional policy regarding assignment of ISSN to these resources was approved by ISSN directors in October...
- New Internationally Compatible Metadata Standards Ready For Use. // Book Publishing Report;05/29/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p4
Reports on the completion of Online Information Exchange (ONIX), a set of metadata standards intended to bring uniformity to the way books are identified electronically. Highlighting during the Book Expo America 2000; Association of American Publishers initiative designed for compatibility with...
- FROM THE PRESIDENT. Zhou, Peter X. // Journal of East Asian Libraries;Oct2012, Issue 155, preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including metadata, electronic books (e-books) and training of librarians.
- Vendors and Publishers. // Technicalities;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p23
The article announces that collectionHQ, a Baker & Taylor subsidiary, recently launched Evidence-based Selection Planning (ESP) which allows the prediction of demands for books and e-books, the release of a policy on metadata sharing and technology collaboration by EBSCO, and the launch of an...
- APPLICATIONS OF METADATA. // Library Technology Reports;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p60
Focuses on the application of metadata in the digital environment. Interoperability of the eXtensible Markup Language and Resource Description Framework metadata standards; Approach on the creation of transportation/transfer protocols among metadata standards; Method on retrieval and use of...