Thomson Learning Revenue Climbs 37% To $119M In 1st Quarter
- Thomson lifts '98 profit. // Editor & Publisher;03/13/99, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p19
Reports on the increase in net earnings of the Toronto-based Thomson Corp. for the year 1998. Comparison with the 1997's earnings; Increase in newspapers sales.
- Electronic publishing big at Thomson. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/2/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 22, p20
Discusses the aftermath of the repositioning of The Thomson Corp (TTC). Proportion of total information and publishing sales from electronic products, at 38 percent in 1996; Expectation of the figure to be 50 percent by 2000; Thomas Financial & Professional Publishing Group and Thomson...
- Thompson widens sales net for revamped OSL. Prior, Louise // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;12/15/2003, Issue 2594, p30
Reports on the plan of the tour operator Thomson Corp. to boost sales in Great Britain. Improvement of the company's sister firm OSL; Offers of the company; Target sales of the company.
- Greece, Cyprus struggle. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/3/2005, Issue 2668, p7
Reports on the decline in the sales of Thomson Corp. through its high street travel agents for Greece and Cyprus because of the increased popularity of Turkey and Egypt.
- Electronic Publishing Sparks Growth Thomson. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/19/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the increase in the earnings of Thomson Corp. in 2000. Growth of electronic publishing; Information on the acquisition of the company Harcourt General by Thomson; Factors that led to the revenue growth of Thomson.
- THOMSON CUTS ITS LOSSES. Moses, Lucia // Editor & Publisher;05/15/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 20, p9
Reports on publisher Thomson Corp.'s earnings for the first quarter of 2000.
- Harcourt Buy Boosts Sales at Reed, Thomson. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the sales and earnings of Reed Elsevier and the Thomson Corp. Total revenues of Reed and Thomson; Benefits on the acquisition of Harcourt on Reed; Outlook for Thomson.
- Financial news. // Book Publishing Report;03/13/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p6
Presents updates on the earnings of publishing firms in the United States, in 1999. Includes Fatbrain.com's total sales; Thomson Corp.'s net earnings and revenues from continuing operations.
- Thomson doubles profits. // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/6/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 32, p27
The article reports on the twofold increase of the profits and growth in sales up to 11 percent by the Thomson Corp., in Stamford, Connecticut. In the second quarter of 2007, the firm has a $377 million profit on $1.8 billion revenue. The firm is in the process of acquiring Reuters Group P.L.C....