Textbook Sales To Foreign Markets Drop 2.6% To $323.1M In 1999
- Top Foreign Markets For Exports And Imports Of U.S. Textbooks, Q1 2013 vs. Q1 2012. // Educational Marketer;6/3/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p3
A table is presented which lists the top international markets of countries relative to its exports and imports of U.S. textbooks, as of 2012 and 2013, including Canada, Korea, and Singapore.
- Textbook Exports up 5.3% in 2013; Imported Textbooks Decline. // Educational Marketer;2/21/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p1
The article offers information on the data from the U.S. Department of Commerce which shows 5.3% increase million increase in the value of textbooks exported from the U.S. to overseas market in 2013 with $479.7 million. The data reveals the 12.2% to $172.6 million decline in the value of...
- Textbook Export Market Begins to Strengthen Legs with Q1 Improvement. // Educational Marketer;6/20/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p1
The article reports on the export market for textbooks for the first quarter (Q1) of 2011 in the U.S. The U.S. Department of Commerce states that the value of textbooks exported from the country increased by 3.9% or 146.6 million dollars for the period. Furthermore, the decline in the export...
- Vital Source Targets Global Digital Market Opportunity. // Educational Marketer;10/21/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 21, p1
The article focuses on the establishment of global digital presence by electronic-Textbook (e-Textbook) solutions provider Vital Source. It says that the firm has partnered with educational products distributor C & E Publishing to market digital content in the Philippines. Chief operating...
- Instructional materials for diverse learners. Tyree, Rhonda Beach; Fiore, Thomas A. // Remedial & Special Education;Nov94, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p363
Suggests features and considerations for the design of an ideal textbook. Accommodation of diverse learners; Text characteristics; Audience appropriateness; Features that enhance interest; Text organization; Dominance of important context.
- Behind the lines. Curtis, G. // Texas Monthly;Oct88, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p5
Opinion. Discusses the differences and similarities in textbooks of the early 1900s and today.
- Buy the book. Diegmueller, Karen // Education Week;10/25/95, Vol. 15 Issue 8, Book Smart p3
Reports on the American textbook publishing industry. Responding to educational trends instead of creating them; Dominant place of the textbook in education; Reliance of industry on market research, teacher focus groups, advisory committees and questionnaires; Foreseeing the kinds of products...
- School texts: the outlook of teachers. Rogers, V. // Education Digest;Jan1989, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p24
Vincent Rogers discusses the results of a survey that indicates a discrepancy between teachers' opinions and those of critics concerning textbooks. Recommends seeking the opinions of teachers.
- Elementary history books. Tice, Terrence N. // Education Digest;Oct93, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p49
Looks at findings reported in a `Comparison of Elementary Students' History Textbooks and Trade Books,' by Donald J. Richgels, Carl M. Tomlinson, and Michael O. Tunnell, in the January/February 1993 issue of `Journal of Educational Research.' Sentence structure; Coherence; More.