Bidding Credits Target Tribal Coverage
- C Block Hits Carving Block. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p1
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission is planning to change each 30-Megahertz C-Block frequency spectrum. Reactions from small wireless telecommunication companies; Actions taken by large telecommunication companies.
- Clinton's 3G Pandora's Box. Lynch, Grahame // America's Network;11/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 17, p6
Focuses on an October 2000 decree of United States President Bill Clinton to the Federal Communications Commission to hold 3G auctions in internationally-designated spectrum bands. Technological and economic risk involved in 3G; Advantage and disadvantage of more cellular technology.
- Use of Digital Frequencies for Analog Operations. Martin, Harry C. // Broadcast Engineering;Jan2002, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p20
Discusses the order of the United States Federal Communications (FCC) Commission on the use of digital frequencies for analog operation by television stations. Efforts of various wireless industry groups to push FCC to adopt procedures for the 700 Megahertz band-clearing; Consequences of the...
- Tonight On TV: Spectrum Reruns. Lee, Rikki // Wireless Week;10/16/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p6
Talks about the 700 megahertz spectrum frequency for television that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has scheduled for an auction in March 2001. Problem of bidders in the auction; Comments by FCC Chairman William Kennard on the television industry; Information on the...
- EXPERT. Ericksen, Dane E. // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2000, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p39
Discusses an expert's views on the decision of the United States Federal Communications Commission to reallocate the 2 gigahertz television Broadcast Auxiliary Services. Electronic News Gathering channels that will be transferred to Mobile Satellite Services; Phases of the reallocation.
- Questions Lurk In 24 GHz History. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;07/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 29, p20
Reports on the questions that emerge in the upcoming auction of the fixed-wireless licenses at 25 GHz by the United States Federal Communications Commission in 2000. Primary target of the spectrum; Actions taken by Teledisc Corp. that led to the controversy over the band; Proposed license...
- Frequency Faux Pas. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;7/9/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 27, p41
Criticizes the United States (U.S.) Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for its decision to reauction the frequency spectrum licenses of NextWave Telecom. Ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court on FCC decision; Motivation for designing the auction system for distributing spectra licenses; Plan of...
- Postponing An Auction. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;08/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the calls by the House telecom subcommittee of the United States for the Federal Communications Commission to postpone the auction of the 700 MHz spectrum past September 2000. Reasons for the postponement; Debate of lawmakers over the issue; Remarks from Lowell Paxson, chairman of...
- 24 GHz: FCC Pursues A 'Bigger Is Better' Plan. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;08/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p10
Reports on the decision of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to adopt large area licenses in its auction of the 24 GHz band, slated for fixed broadband services. Views on the decision of the FCC; Effect of large licenses to small carriers; Benefits of the auction to...