Approval Of 3G Specs Reshapes The Industry
- ITU-T restructures fiber Recommendations. Gardner, William B. // Lightwave;Oct2000, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p28
Deals with the International Telecommunication Union Recommendation G.652, a standard document on conventional singlemode fiber. When the Recommendation G.652 was created; Result of the restructuring of the union's four fiber standard recommendations in 2000; Subcategories of the recommendations.
- H.323: IP telephony's panacea or Pandora's box? Vittore, Vince // Telephony;04/06/98, Vol. 234 Issue 14, p47
Provides information about International Telecommunication Union's H.323, a telecommunication standard in the United States that will allow different vendors' Internet protocol telephony gateways to communicate. Advantages over other technology standards; Comparison with Internet protocol...
- ITU endorses G.lite standard. O'Keefe, Susan // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec98, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p22
Reports on the International Telecommunication Union's (ITU) endorsement of the standard for G.lite. Support for standard by leading equipment vendors such as Microsoft and Compaq; Final ratification of the standard in June 1999 meeting of the ITU.
- ITU launches a new four-year study period. Gardner, William B. // Lightwave;Feb98, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p44
Provides information about the International Telecommunication Union's new four-year study period, which was launched in 1997. List of questions being handled by a study group headed by Gastone Bonaventura of Telecom Italia; Lightwave issues addressed by each question.
- ITU expects G.fast standard to be finalized by April 2014. // Photonics Components & Subsystems;Jan2014, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p16
The article reports on the stability reached by the physical-layer protocol aspects of G.fast needed to initiate the approval procedure of the Fast Access to Subscriber Terminals - Physical layer specification of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
- G.Lite gets backing from ITU. Biagi, Susan // Telephony;11/16/98, Vol. 235 Issue 20, p64
Reports on International Telecommunication Union's move to support the proposed G.Lite standard. Schedule for the formal ratification of the standard; Companies that have announced G.Lite interoperability and deployment trials.
- What's in the standard. Zuckerman, Amy // Electronic News;12/15/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2198, p15
Focuses on the effort of the members of International Telecommunications Union's Study Group 16 to invoke a new fast-track voting procedure for a high-speed analog modems standard. Original date for the election; Two phases of the voting procedure; Significance of the procedure to participants.
- ETSI prepares to meet standardization challenge. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p17
Informs that work is under way at the European Telecommunications Standards Institute to ensure that all International Telecommunication Union-accepted third-generation standards can receive type approval in Europe.
- Are PONs too small for the big fish? Hardy, Stephen // Lightwave;May2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p28
Focuses on the passive-optical-network (PON) standards of the International Telecommunication Union. Basis in the development of the PON standards; Advantage of the asynchronous transfer mode (ATM)-based PON to the built-in capability of ATM; Development of Ethernet PON; Impact of the PON...