- Endwave, WCA, others form spectrum policy task force. // RCR Wireless News;4/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p9
Deals with the move by Endwave Corp. and the Wireless Communications Association to form the WCA Engineering Task Force for Spectrum Policy Above 40 GHz. Aim of the task force; Benefit of using the spectrum; Information about Endwave.
- Wireless, Broadly Speaking. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p8A
Deals with broadband and wireless communications systems technology. Advantage of wireless communication systems over cable and digital service line; Telecommunication companies using local multipoint distribution service (LMDS), a millimeter frequency spectrum; Comparison between the LMDS and...
- Rebanding -- 700 MHz style. Jackson, Donny // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2008, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p16
The article reports on the reconfiguration to the 700 megaherzt (MHz) band in the U.S. According to public safety agencies, the advantage of reconfiguring to the 700 MHz is its easy processing compared to the 800 MHz rebanding. It reveals that there are 45 licensees affected in the 700 MHz than...
- Modulation microscopy and nonmonochromatic light hologram recording. Kalenkov, S.; Lokshin, G. // Journal of Communications Technology & Electronics;Mar2013, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p217
A procedure of high-resolution obtainment of images with the help of an optical system with a small pupil is considered. The possibility of hologram recording in a wideband (nonmonochromatic) light field is also investigated.
- Millimeter-Wave Components Aim For Broad Bandwidths. Browne, Jack // Microwaves & RF;Aug2007, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p40
This article focuses on millimeter-wave frequencies for commercial communication uses, particularly broadband communication systems. The U.S. Federal Communications Commission adopted rules for developing some portions of the millimeter-wave spectrum. GigaBeam's WiFiber Wireless Fiber products...
- The foibles of 700 MHz. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;3/17/2008, p6
The article offers information on the benefits of the 700 megahertz (MHz) frequencies spectrum. The bandwidth can go farther that any of its cellular counterparts, making 700 MHz optimal for deploying broadband wireless tools. According to Jeff Thompson, chief executive officer of Towerstream,...
- The Broadband-Transient Induced Gamma-Band Response in Scalp EEG Reflects the Execution of Saccades. Yuval-Greenberg, Shlomit; Deouell, Leon Y. // Brain Topography;Jun2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p3
The contraction of the extra-ocular muscles, during the execution of saccades, produces a strong electric potential in the EEG called the saccadic spike potential (SP). At the frequency spectrum, this SP manifests as a broadband response with most of its power at the gamma-band frequencies....
- UNLICENSED REBORN. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;5/31/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 11, Special section p14
Reports on the use of WiMAX in the unlicensed frequencies. Disadvantages of unlicensed spectrum; Factors that hinder operators to develop WiMAX networks in unlicensed spectrum; British Telecom's consideration of a plan to use wireless in unlicensed frequencies.
- Keep the faith. Bischoff, Glenn // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2008, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the impact of the proposed nationwide 700 megahertz (MHz) broadband network in the U.S. According to the author, the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) taking of responsibility regarding public safety and unexpected difficulties during the construction is still in...