Ears Perked For Voice Services
- Ground control to Major Tom. Bland, Vikki // NZ Business;Jul2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p38
Narrates experience on the frustrations associated with speech recognition products use in New Zealand. Failure of the device to recognize voice; Effect of negative voice recognition experience on customer relation and satisfaction; Benefits of using speech recognition software on...
- Investigation of Foreign Languages Models for Lithuanian Speech Recognition. Maskeliūnas, R.; Rudžionis, A.; Ratkevičius, K.; Rudžionis, V. // Electronics & Electrical Engineering;2009, Issue 91, p15
Paper deals with application of Microsoft Office Communications Server Speech Server or MSS'2007 for Lithuanian digits recognition. Voice servers integrate together telephony, speech and internet and provides tools for developing applications that run over a telephone. Using of transcriptions of...
- AT&T Launches Multitenant Hosting on Call Center Technologies. Klie, Leonard // Speech Technology Magazine;Jun2009, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the launch of AT&T Hosted Integrated Contact Services by AT&T which offers businesses in the U.S. with a virtual contact center hosted in AT&T Internet data centers. The service is based on contact management suite from Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories and has...
- Peculiarities of Wiener Class Systems and their Exploitation for Speech Signal Prediction. // Electronics & Electrical Engineering;2011, Issue 111, p107
No abstract available.
- Technology Adoption--Many Roadblocks Slow It Down. Bursky, David // Electronic Design;04/30/2001, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p20
Editorial. Focuses on the roadblocks to speech recognition and synthesis technology. Factors affecting the success and failure of products; Ease-of-use factor.
- Sensory Kit Adapts CE Products For Voice Commands. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;05/29/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p43
Features the Voice Direct 364 Speech Recognition Kit, a low-cost kit and development tool designed to enable hands-free speech-recognition capability, from Sensory Inc., a supplier of speech-recognition chips and software for consumer electronics (CE) products. Use of the kit to voice-activate...
- L&H Software Bundles Plantronics' Headsets. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;05/29/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p45
Reports on the bundling of Plantronics' SR1 voice-enhancing personal computer headsets with Lernout & Hauspie's (L&H) Voice Xpress version 5 Mobile Professional continuous speech-recognition software. Suggested retail price of the product which is a combination of headset and software;...
- Wireless Phrase-Recognition PDA Deployed to Afghanistan. Ricci, Lawrence; Smith, James // Military Intelligence Professional Bulletin;Jan-Mar2003, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p67
Presents information on the Phraselator handheld translator systems used in field-testing in Afghanistan. Features of the system; Importance of communication systems in supporting the commander's battlefield visualization requirement; Details of the personal computers with speech recognition...
- Field crews test voice recognition. // Public Works;May2009, Vol. 140 Issue 5, p11
The article evaluates the AccuSpeechMobile from Vangard Voice Systems.