Price Per Minute In Major Cities
- Long distance prices creeping upward. Brannon, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p4
Focuses on the study concerning the increasing prices for long distance calls in the United States. Comparison on surcharges and fees among top long distance companies; Assessment on the reliability of discount calling cards; Affordability of long distance rates in the past decades.
- Paying Less for Long-Distance Calls. Quinn, Jane Bryant; Perruci, Dori // Good Housekeeping;Mar2000, Vol. 230 Issue 3, p70
Discusses costs for long-distance telephone calls. Why people might be paying too much for long-distance telephone calls; Comparison of costs of telephone calls among telecommunication companies; Advantage of discount plans for telephone calls.
- Controlling your telecommunications costs. Roth, Mark // New Hampshire Business Review;10/14/94, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p28
Focuses on how to control telecommunication costs. Types of toll calls; Rate plans; Plan comparisons; Service and quality of transmission; Number of companies offering long distance service; Rates evaluation.
- As the world shrinks, so do prices on international calls. Chaddock, Gail Russell // Christian Science Monitor;7/9/97, Vol. 89 Issue 156, p1
Discusses rates for international telephone calls, focusing on the impact that global deregulation will have on them. The increasing amount of time being spent on international calling; Growth of the world telecommunications industry compared to the growth of the world economy; Comparison of...
- Can Web phones beat the high cost of hotel calling? Machrone, Bill // PC Week;09/22/97, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p77
Notes that high rates for long distance telecommunications have furthered the search for computer or Internet-based alternatives. World Wide Web phones; Web phone software; VocalTec's Internet Phone and VoxWare's VoxPhone3.0; How well laptop computers are equipped for phone services; Internet...
- Voice Services Pricing: How Low Can They Go? Krapf, Eric // Business Communications Review;Jul2002, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p24
No abstract available.
- Long-distance makeovers. Jidoun, Grace // Money;Sep2000, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p135
Offers advise for lowering your long distance telephone bill by changing your plan. Discount plans versus basic rate plans; Example of how three volunteers cut their long-distance spending and by how much. INSET: THE BEST FROM THE BIG GUYS.
- Avoid the airport pay-phone heist. // Consumer Reports;Feb2001, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p10
Provides information on the charges incurred by travelers who use pay phones at airports to place long distance telephone calls. Cost of using calling cards; Different ways to pay for such telephone calls; Advice on the least expensive way to place calls while traveling.
- Phone numbers. M.M. // U.S. News & World Report;05/19/97, Vol. 122 Issue 19, p75
Presents some good and bad news concerning telephone services and costs for United States consumers. The good news of expected savings on long distance charges due to the deregulatory Telecommunications Act of 1996; The bad news for residential customers with more than one phone line.