New Gear Spices Up Coverage
- Using double balanced mixers. Carr, Joseph J. // Popular Electronics;Oct94, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p87
Discusses the use of double-balanced frequency mixers in the conversion of one frequency to another. MiniCircuits SBL-1 mixer as basis of discussion; Basic application for the SBL-1; Use of filter circuits for a cut-off frequency.
- Wide-bandwidth V-F converter. Riendeau, Michael H. // Electronic Design;11/20/95, Vol. 43 Issue 24, p112
Presents the design for a low-cost wide-bandwidth voltage-to-frequency converter which can be described as a variation of a relaxation oscillator. Maxim MAX942 high-speed comparator as the core element of the prototype VFC; R1, R2 and R3's hysteresis with trip points from one third to two...
- Littlefeet Takes Another Step. // Wireless Week;11/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p12
Reports on the third round of investment secured by Littlefeet. Products of the company; Investors of the company; Application of the proceeds.
- Littlefeet expands into new headquarters. // RCR Wireless News;12/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 50, p45
Reports that Littlefeet Inc. is planning to expand by moving its corporate headquarters from San Diego to Poway in California.
- Photonic crystals for frequency conversion phase matching. Berger, Vincent // AIP Conference Proceedings;2001, Vol. 560 Issue 1, p365
The use of optical heterostructures for nonlinear optics and in particular frequency conversion is reviewed. A key issue for frequency conversion is the possibility of phase matching, that is to compensate for optical dispersion, which results in different phase velocities for light of different...
- A comparison of peak frequency-time plots produced with Hilbert and wavelet transforms. Guillaume, D. W. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jan2002, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p98
Practical techniques for producing both Hilbert and wavelet transform representations of peak frequency are given. Peak frequency-time plots of simple model signals are produced using both transforms and are presented and compared. This study shows that the peak frequency-time plots produced...
- VFC makes simple capacitance meter. Suresh, K. // EDN;6/7/2001, Vol. 46 Issue 13, p158
Focuses on the use of Voltage/Frequency Converters (VFC) in measuring capacitance value. Details on the operation of VFC; Employment of R[sub 3] and R[sub 2] to obtain calibrations at the higher and lower ends of the capacitance range; Attachment of a 16-bit counter to the printer port.
- New Decentralized Servo Drive Reduces Need for Cabinet Space and Cooling. // MAN: Modern Applications News;Apr2014, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p8
The article discusses the launch of Siemen's Sinamics S120M, a compact, ready-to-connect motor with integrated drive, an addition to the S120 multi-axis drive system.
- Optical frequency mixing through cascaded second-order processes in beta-barium borate. Tan, H.; Banfi, G.P. // Applied Physics Letters;11/1/1993, Vol. 63 Issue 18, p2472
Addresses the cascaded effect in the frequency domain. Accomplishment of the frequency conversion of a signal pulse; Details on a cascaded effect in 1 centimeter long beta-barium borate crystal; Presentation of the frequency mixing process.