Refused: Return To Sender
- Another Windows NT security hole. Kearns, Dave // Network World;06/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p22
Reports on the discovery by Counterpane Systems company of flaws in Microsoft Corporation's implementation of Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol, which is used in commercial private networks. Information on the flaw; Impact of the flaw; Detailed description of the problem; Insight on a second...
- Graceful restart improves on BGP. Gill, Dan // Network World;10/7/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p37
Reports on the efforts of the Internet community to extend the capabilities of Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Aims of the Graceful Restart Mechanism for BGP; Protocol modification steps involved in the mechanism.
- What is... HTTP/2? // PC Pro;Jun2015, Issue 248, p127
The article reports that hypertext transfer protocol (HTTP) will be updated for the first time since June 1999 and new features will make pages to load more quickly, compression of header and condensing transmissions to a single server connection.
- Multimedia mail gets a boost. Musich, Paula // PC Week;1/11/93, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p56
Reports on the implementation of a Windows version of an Internet transmission control protocol/Internet protocol (TCP/IP) standard for transmitting multimedia and multipart documents with Simple Mail Transfer Protocol by Frontier Technologies Incorporated. Support for Multipurpose Internet...
- WinSock expands beyond TCP/IP. Chernicoff, David P. // PC Week;7/10/95, Vol. 12 Issue 27, pN/1
Introduces the WinSock 2.0 software. Features; Capabilities; Applications; Product support. INSETS: For more info, dial..;Ticket to ride..
- Stillborn IPv6 offers no compelling reasons to switch. Snyder, Joel // Network World;09/27/99, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p37
Discusses the Internet Protocol Version 6's (IPv6) prospects for mainstream adoption. Design of the IPv6; Developments that helped reduce the need for globally unique IP addresses; Rationale for using IPv6; Reason why IPv6 will not be used.
- What can iSCSI do for you? Burns, Christine // Network World;4/28/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p64
Provides information about the iSCSI computer network protocol. Potential benefits; Administrative implications; Supporters.
- BGP Security Is in Black Hat's Cross Hairs. Kerner, Sean Michael // eWeek;8/4/2015, p1
The article offers information on the Black Hat USA security conference to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada in August 2015 on Border Gateway Protocol (BGP).
- New IP standard raises doubts. G.M. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug99, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p16
Reports reactions of telecommunication businesses to the gateway control protocol (H.GCP) standard for the Internet. Function of the protocol; Cooperating organizations; Skepticism and suspicion.