WorldCom-Sprint Dance: FCC Cutting In?
- Sprint/WorldCom merger in limbo. // Telephony;06/26/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 26, p10
Focuses on the planned merger between Sprint and WorldCom. Value of the proposed deal; Statement issued by European Competition Commissioner Mario Monti.
- Disconnected WorldCom deal hangs up users. Jones, Jennifer; de Bony, Elizabeth; Niccolai, James // InfoWorld;07/03/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p1
Deals with the failure of the merger between WorldCom and Sprint. Two challenges faced by the companies; Views of enterprise customers and business telecommunications buyers on the issue; Sprint's features that held WorldCom's interest.
- WORLDCOM, SPRINT: FOCUS ON REAL NEEDS. Rohde, David // Network World;07/24/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p26
Comments on the failed merger between United States-based telecommunications firms Sprint and WorldCom as of July 24, 2000. Merger failure's impact on the data network businesses of Sprint; Sprint's failure to market its Integrated On-Demand Network technology.
- WorldCom, Sprint Deal Scrutinized. // Wireless Week;05/22/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the scrutiny of the United States Department of Justice on the proposed merger of WorldCom Inc. and Sprint Corp.
- Third Quarter: Endnotes. Cohen, Judith Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/11/99, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p4
Reports on the planned joining of MCI Worldcom Inc. and Sprint Corp. Purpose; Impact of the arrival of the team MCI/Sprint on the 1999 United States deal activity; Objective of the dialogue with the clients by Gordon Dyal, managing director at Goldman Sachs.
- MCI's grand maneuver in the race to offer telecom service bundles. Harrison, Joan // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan2000, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p19
Reports on California-based MCI WorldCom Inc.'s proposed acquisition of Sprint Corp. Value of the deal; Long-distance duopoly between MCI WorldCom and AT&T; Result of the firm's 1999 Residential Long Distance Customer Satisfaction Study.
- Becoming a Giant. Schober, David // Telephony;10/11/99, Vol. 237 Issue 15, p8
Reports the merger between MCI WorldCom and Sprint. Benefit of the merger; Reason for the merger; Focus of the merger.
- (Almost) Everything Must Go at Sprint. Mehta, Stephanie N. // Fortune;7/10/2000, Vol. 142 Issue 2, p44
Reports on the potential that WorldCom would shed some of Sprint's assets if the two United States corporations merged. Assets that WorldCom's chief executive, Bernie Ebbers, might sell in the case of a merger, including Sprint's long-distance network and its' local network; Price at which the...
- Sprint, WorldCom officially throw in towel on megamerger. Chidi Jr., George A. // InfoWorld;07/17/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p10
Reports on the failure of the merger between Sprint Corp. and WorldCom. Analysts' assessment of the failed merger; Estimated value of the deal; Some mega-mergers in 1999.