Bastille Day 2000? French Are Riled
- New Zealand to auction spectrum. // RCR;02/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p21
Announces that the New Zealand government will begin auctioning spectrum within the 2 gigahertz frequency bands in March 29, 1999.
- Here we go again...the upcoming 220MHz auction. Kaercher, Kathleen A. // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar1998, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p24
Presents the author's observations on the 220-megahertz spectrum auction that the US Federal Communications Commission plans to hold starting May 19, 1998. Bidding process; Need for system operators to know exactly what is up for sale; Issues that have remained unresolved as of the end of...
- India 2G auction fizzles. Bushnell-Embling, Dylan // Telecom Asia;Dec2012/Jan2013, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p8
The article offers information on a public auction of 1800-MHz 2G spectrum in India that was held in November, 2012. It informs that the auction raised an amount of 1.72 billion dollars with the Department of Telecom selling just 42.4 percent of the spectrum. It informs that the government has...
- Australian 3G auction to begin in March. Best, Paul // Global Wireless;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the auction of third-generation (3G) spectrum in the 2 GHz radio-frequency band by the Australian Communications Authority in March 2001. Technical capabilities of 3G mobile services; Factor prohibiting One.Tel from bidding for 3G spectrum; Rumors surrounding the sale or partial sale...
- Another Auction Delay. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;7/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 29, p3
Discusses the postponement of a spectrum auction by the United States Federal Communications Commission following four earlier delays. Benefits of the postponement; Response of telecommunication companies to the postponement; Implications of the delay.
- 3G key to coffers. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;08/21/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 8, p7
Comments on the potential payoff of third generation (3G) wireless license auctions for the United States (U.S.) government. Estimated value of a wireless license auction in the country; Problem of 3G wireless in the U.S.; Spectrum considered most appropriate for 3G wireless communication use.
- 700 MHz Auction Delayed. // Wireless Week;03/27/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p1
Discusses the delay of the auction of the 30 megahertz of spectrum. Advantage of the delay; Concerns raised by the delay; Restrictions imposed in the 6-megahertz block.
- Compromise Clears Kiwi Auction. Griggs, Kim // Wireless Week;03/27/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p25
Deal with a compromise that enabled New Zealand government to set date and formula to sell its third-generation radio spectrum. Factors that delayed the auction; Information on New Zealand's November 1999 general election.
- OVERSHADOWED. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;12/11/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p20
Focuses on the approach used by large telecommunication companies in skirting the intent of rules designed to set aside spectrum for smaller companies. Leading companies backing small players that qualify for the auction of spectrum; Implication of the approach; Challenges faced by small companies.