France a l'Orange: Bon Appetit!
- France Telecom peels off Orange. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;06/05/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 23, p12
Deals with the decision of Vodafone AirTouch to sell wireless communications company Orange to France Telecom. Cost of the acquisition; Role of the sale in Vodafone's purchase of universal mobile telecommunications system; Plans of France Telecom to enter the United States market; Percentage of...
- Of Gods And Monsters: The German 3G Blues. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;06/12/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p20
Reports on the threat to the plan of France Telecom and Orange plc to enter the massive European third-generation market. What would present a true competitor to Vodafone AirTouch plc; Insistence of Orange in its position in the German Group 3G venture; Result if Orange cements a deal with KPN...
- Orange customers more profitable. // Utility Week;11/1/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p5
Reports on the profits of mobile operator Orange in the third quarter of 2002. Average revenue per subscriber; Comparison with year earlier results; Revenues of parent company France Telecom.
- Orange posts its first profit for three years. Sastri, Sumi // Utility Week;3/29/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p6
Reports on the profit posted by mobile telecommunications operator Orange in 2001. Factors that led to the profit growth; Percentage of ownership held by France Telecom in Orange.
- Orange buys Ananova. // RCR;07/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p18
Reports that Great Britain-based mobile carrier Orange plc has acquired Ananova Ltd. from the U.K. Press Association.
- The future goes black for Orange as M&S pulls out. Cockram, Andrea // Estates Gazette;12/14/2002, Issue 250, p22
Reports on the impact of Marks & Spencer's (M&S) withdrawal from a deal to sublet a portion of The Point building on Orange in December 2002. Building to be occupied by M&S; Corporate debt of Orange's parent company France Telecom.
- France Telecom, Orange seal $40 billion merger. April, Carolyn A. // InfoWorld;06/05/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p14
Focuses on the merger deal of France Telecom and Orange mobile phone operator. Terms of the deal.
- Orange looks on the bright side. Secker, Matthew // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb2002, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the impact of the acquisition of Orange PLC by France Telecom on future stability in the telecommunication industry in Europe. Optimism of chief executive officer Jean Franï¿½ois Pontal over market competition; Provision of contract deals with manufacturers; Quality of service.
- SNOOK'S RETREAT. Day, Julia // Marketing Week;12/7/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p26
Focuses on the decision of Hans Snook, chief executive officer of mobile communications firm Orange to leave his post to concentrate on alternative medicine and new age therapy. Professional and personal background; Role in building the Orange brand; Advertising campaigns of the brand;...