China Unicom: An Upstart's Growing Pains
- Asian telecoms this month. // Telecom Asia;Nov2002, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p18
Reports developments related to telecommunication in Asia as of November 2002. Guarantee of no telephone tariff changes by the Chinese Ministry of Information Industry; Loss posted by China Unicom Telecommunications Corp.; Approval of loan for the iPSTAR project by the board of Shin Satellite...
- Unicom's Joint-Venture Woes Derail Listing Plans. Weeks, Ann M. // China Business Review;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p5
Reports on the delay of China United Telecommunications Corporation's (Unicom) planned initial public offering in overseas stock markets. Why foreign telecommunication companies engage in Chinese-Chinese foreign (CCF) ventures; Announcement of Unicom after China Securities Regulatory Commission...
- Motorola wins China contracts. // RCR;12/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p3
Reports that Motorola Inc.'s Cellular Infrastructure Group received two contracts from the China United Telecommunications Corp. Terms of the contracts.
- A telecom newcomer challenges the MPT monopoly. Harwit, Eric; Su, Jack // China Business Review;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p22
Profiles the China United Telecommunications Corp. (Unicom). Promotion of the company as a potential rival to the state-run monopoly Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications (MPT); Company's goals; Foreign firms' desire to have Unicom as a potential partner in the telecommunications market.
- Good fortune in China. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;05/21/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 21, p16
Discusses the decision of China United Telecommunications company to grant contracts to wireless communication equipment vendors in the United States (U.S.). Value of the contracts; Significance of the contract to the wireless equipment vendors which are affected by the slow down of the U.S....
- China telco ramps up CDMA. Haney, Clare // InfoWorld;07/05/99, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p38C
Reports on the code division multiple access (CDMA) mobile phone network of China United Telecommunications. Number of subscribers that the network's capacity can accommodate by the end of 2000; Strategy for the network; Other carrier in the country.
- FINANCING AND CREDIT RECORD. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/30/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p4
Presents an update on international business and finance as of September 30, 2002. Reason for the delay by the Thai government of the launch of its bond issue; Debt issued by Argentine energy group Pecom; Oversubscription of the A share issue of China United Telecommunications Corporation;...
- China Unicom in CDMA lease agreement. // RCR Wireless News;2/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p37
Reports on the plans of China United Telecommunications Corp. to lease a Code Division Multiple Access network in China.
- Calif. Microwave inks China pacts. // RCR;9/02/96, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p37
Reports that California Microwave Incorporated signed contracts with China United Telecommunications Corporation in Redwood City, California. Contracts to provide microwave links for Global System for Mobile (GSM) communications cellular systems; Details on GSM systems.